Timing chain

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
YD25 now do a full EGR delete kit. I am going to try the jet tube plate and keep the tube so it looks standard. Paul from YD25 says the performance gain through the restriction being removed makes them go heaps harder. I will see how this goes and post the results.

Excuse my ignorance, but how can the EGR Delete make it go any harder than an EGR blocking plate?

Surely both have the same outcome - to stop burnt gases re-entering the combustion chamber for a second shot at it?

This is a genuine question, and not sh!t slinging.. I'm here to learn, not insult..

Excuse my ignorance, but how can the EGR Delete make it go any harder than an EGR blocking plate?

Surely both have the same outcome - to stop burnt gases re-entering the combustion chamber for a second shot at it?

This is a genuine question, and not sh!t slinging.. I'm here to learn, not insult..

+1 ....

I'm willing to bet they meant "DPF Delete", since the EGR thing is just a gasket with the big hole missing. I mean how the hell can you make a gasket like that, it's just shoddy workmanship, I tell ya ...

Nope... 100% EGR DELETE..

EGR_delete_pipe_kit.jpg

I blocked my EGR completely and mine doesn't go "heaps harder". Couldn't see it doing it with the DPF Delete from ChipIt either - both provide a minor improvement.

In fact, when the throttle's pressed all the way down, the EGR valve closes completely anyway, so if you're expecting a difference in performance from full-throttle-before-EGR-block to afterwards, you might be disappointed.

Jap companies have had a love affair with single row tensioned timing chains since the early 80's and have had failures with them even back then " enter the honda VF1000F " the resaon they still use them ??? pure and simple their cheap as shit , and they gamble on the new owner is only going to keep a car a few years , pass it on and its not their problem , there's no rocket science in it , its purely to save money

I have the egr delete mod. No huge increase in performance. The benefit is that you can remove the gas injection port out of the manifold which is about a 20mm tube that would provide a restriction to inlet flow when left in place. I also have the Dpf delete pipe which also provided minimal improvement to performance. The fuel economy is still crap.

Like Anthonyh said, it removes the restriction of a big ass tube blocking you inlet manifold. I was told that it will improve a D22 but don't know how true that is till I try it. It can't hurt anyway. I didn't even know that this thing existed as you can't see it looking down the inlet manifold with the intercooler hose removed. I thought it was just like a butterfly or something like that that opened.

Back