timming chain

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stock61

Reaction score
hi new to site, had my timming chains etc done do nissan put in single or double chains back in cost was $3000. d22 2012 2.5 cr.

sounds abit premy to replace the timing chain with your 2012 model as these chains are much better than the earlier models. NO they would have fitted a single chain unless you bought and asked them to fit it. did the chain break ?

no didn't break just a loud whine crank fuel pump cogs stuffed , there is still a faint whine ,but in saying that it runs better and alot more quiet now.52000klms.

Haven't heard of too many D22s throwing the timing chain. Also surprised that yours was replaced before it let go, most dealers will won't.

As above - the Nissan genuine part is a single-row chain.

yes it was mentioned that from 2010 thai built D-22s were fitted with a better quality timing chain as opposed to the spain built D-22s.

yes it was mentioned that from 2010 thai built D-22s were fitted with a better quality timing chain as opposed to the spain built D-22s.
Huh? There were never any spain built d22s. Only thailand and japan. D40s were spain built. There have been no reports of d22s with faulty timing chains on this forum that I've seen...

Dunno mate. Mine is a 2010 thai built d22 and can't say i hear any rattle. I have nearly 75000km on mine...

had mine checked at 115k and it had measurable wear on some links. replaced at 130k for peace of mind as wear had continued. put the dual row in from yd25.

Last edited:
Back