Tips for cleaning after beach driving

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JASON-D40

Reaction score
Hi Guys and Girls.

Never been beach driving before, so I finally took my d40 for a run. I've had it 5 months and it hasn't even seen a dirt road.

I went for a run to and was quite surprised with its performance.

After copping a heap of crap from a mate and my father in law because they have Prados and my Nissan wasn't gonna cut it, I had great pleasure in snatching my father in laws 3wk old Prado and my mates 06 Prado. Had a huge smile on my face getting on the barge knowing not only did I drive more tracks without getting bogged I got the task of rescuing a couple of Toyotas.

So with that being said and done can someone offer me some friendly tips on cleaning my Nav?

I am having a hell of a time trying to get the sand out of the window tracks, any advice?

Hi Guys and Girls.

Never been beach driving before, so I finally took my d40 for a run. I've had it 5 months and it hasn't even seen a dirt road.

I went for a run to and was quite surprised with its performance.

After copping a heap of crap from a mate and my father in law because they have Prados and my Nissan wasn't gonna cut it, I had great pleasure in snatching my father in laws 3wk old Prado and my mates 06 Prado. Had a huge smile on my face getting on the barge knowing not only did I drive more tracks without getting bogged I got the task of rescuing a couple of Toyotas.

So with that being said and done can someone offer me some friendly tips on cleaning my Nav?

I am having a hell of a time trying to get the sand out of the window tracks, any advice?

Mate, sounds like you had a blast, any day out snatching those shitty yota's sounds awesome, even if it is in a hair dressers car :D :D

you will never get all the sand out, just like mud it will work it's way into every corner and place it can. I normally leave my car out the front on the lawn with the sprinkler on for 20-30 mins and move it accordingly. obviously driving with the window down will allow more than what you want in so i never drive on the beach with window down.

I personally dont think the rust prevention modules work but you could also look into one of those as a last resort.

hopefully someone else can give you some other advice but there is my 2c

Brett

Last edited:
thanks for the tip, I did have the windows down. The tracks are full of sand despite a few attempts with the Karcher to hose them away.

try using air preasure and blowing out the tracks as for underneath a rose sprinkler is best just park over top and leave it run also stick the hose down inside chasis rails and flood them with clean fresh water

Plus 1 for sprinler. i just get under there and let the hose run through all the chassis rails and cross members hose out everything you can. keep an eye agove body mounts it loves to sit up there and stay there. when i think ive got it all out even know you never can i put sprinkler under there for a few hrs moving it around the get the rest. my view is atleast the sprinkler is gona help wash the salt out of the sand you cant get out or have missed. dont know if thats true but its my theory lol. then i a day or two when its dry coat every thing on a thick layer of inox. try not to get to much in shackle bushes as it makes poly one squeek like crazy. found that out the hard way lol

Hey mate good work rescuing the toyotas, grab a few pics next time always good to have some handy! ha ha.
another +1 for the sprinkler under the body plus a good high pressure clean doesnt hurt. everynow and then when i can be bothered if ive done some beach driving ill put some diesel in a spray bottle and give the underbody a dosing then leave the sprinkler under running for a while. as for the inside ya cant beat opening all the doors and blasting it out with a air hose. good luck.

I always stop in a fresh water creek on the way home from the beach and let the car sit in it for bout 10 mins then hose the car when i get home..... normally works well

seemed to get most of it out with compressed air.

I have pics of me rescuing the Prado's but will post them later.

I did give underneath a good spray with wd40 before I left and after its been cleaned I will give it another soak.

I have been advised not to use Inox because its petroleum based where as wd40 is fish oil based.

I would have loved to find a fresh water creek to soak the car in, but its the first time I have been to Straddie.

Do not use wd40, it contains acid to free up rusted tools and should only be used as a quick release lubricant for rusty bolts etc.

Water...volume over pressure i was taught. I hose everything, starting from the roof down, then when im done i put sprinkler under. sprinkler in 4 sections, 20min each section.

Water...volume over pressure i was taught. I hose everything, starting from the roof down, then when im done i put sprinkler under. sprinkler in 4 sections, 20min each section.

An hour and twenty over the sprinkler, she'd be looking cleaner then the day it come out the factory! lol

i took my d22 over to straddy for its first offroad outing since new this weekend just gone too. im pretty certain i was on the same barge as you on the way over by the sounds of it.

sunday afternoon i just did the usual clean inside and out than about an hour laying under the truck just hosing everything and anything. probably did 3 laps just to make sure everything got a good flush. i got the couplertech system put on just before i went but nothing is going to work better than a proper bath.

cheers

-tyler

i took my d22 over to straddy for its first offroad outing since new this weekend just gone too. im pretty certain i was on the same barge as you on the way over by the sounds of it.

sunday afternoon i just did the usual clean inside and out than about an hour laying under the truck just hosing everything and anything. probably did 3 laps just to make sure everything got a good flush. i got the couplertech system put on just before i went but nothing is going to work better than a proper bath.

cheers

-tyler

is yours white with an awning?

i left Friday morning, but was in a Prado. The wife took the Nav over Thurs for me.

There where plenty of Navara's on the barge home

mines white without an awning. i think i may have been parked behind your mates prado up top on the way over?

-tyler

went over with a new white prado, an 06 in burgundy and a corolla

need some Navara Asia stickers to identify each other

Latest posts

Back