to cat or not to cat

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stringy

Reaction score
Hey just put on a 3" exhaust I asked for the cat to be removed.. but the guy I spoke to wasn't there when it was installed so the cat was left on..
Should I take it bak and remove it or should I just bash it out or should I get a high flow cat?? The way it is now u can't even tell it's got an aftermarket pipe on it

You can't remove the CAT for legal reason.

High flow cat would be my choice how ever I'm unsure the impovements it will make.

It already trounces Hiluxes. What else does it need to do? :rofl2:

It does have to have a CAT by law, so a shop will never fit an exhaust without it (unless they want to risk some big-time fines).

A high-flow CAT will give you marginal improvements - I seriously question whether they're worth the expense.

Would I get the whistle with the high flow cat. I realt wanted the whistle.. was disappointed wen I started it up and didn't sound different to stock

do you have a snorkel? Mine is stock with Nissan snorkel fitted and the induction noise and whistle is great.

Robski

No snorkel that's next on the list... I got a friend to rev it and I couldn't hear a difference

Do u know if there is a difference in hi flow cats like fir petrol and diesel???

As far as different between Petrol & diesel I'm about to fit a hotdog off an ecotec to mine. So I'm guessing not. Did you take it from the cat back or off the turbo. As your dump pipe been stock would still restrict the turbo

Latest posts

Back