to smack or not to smack

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

should children be smacked?

• agree with smacking

Votes: 78 97.5%
  • disagree with smacking

Votes: 2 2.5%

• Total voters

scooba_285

Reaction score
saw a thing on tv about smacking children, some for and some against, where do u stand?

I voted smack, But within reason and only after some warning. My young bloke (who is five) gets three warnings, and then he might get a smack.
Its never that hard and its only ever on the backside.
most of the time i dont ever have to get to the third warning never mind having to give him the tap on the ass.
I have found that if he knows im serious, and will back up what he has been told, he knows where his boundaries are and i dont really have to get to the point of actually smacking

Why are you standing over there Krafty..... are you waiting to be smacked?? i herd a rumour you liked that sort of thing.......

I was going to hit the homo button but i think its getting way to much use.. hahah

I'm standing over here because I was asked where I stand. Being smacked isn't something the really wish for though, but honestly you gotta take the good with the bad.

And for the record there is nothing wrong with giving a kid a smack or two when they deserve it. Sleeping in when their old man can't or waking up early when their old man wants to sleep in is one of those boarder line cases.

yep im with you nathan 3 warnings and your out, we found with our boy though the naughty corner worked better as for a while if he did get a smack he would just look at you as if to say is that all you got??

bryan

I agree with smacking. Give due warning then give em one. I think 3 warnings and point at them before you smack should work. That way after 2 warnings and you point at them they will get it.
But then I'm not good with kids and won't try to be. I think the force should be related to the size of the child and the incident they are getting smacked for.
Works on Dogs though.

Agreed smacking due to reason. As stated there is a fine line between smacking and bashing. Look at the new generation today and how the think they own the place because of low to no dicipline. Can you imagine if it go banned/illegal? The place would be a mess

I agrre within moderation.. As others have said 2-3 warnings and then smack not a bash on the bottom.. Have only ever had to use it twice on my daughter she is now 4.. by the time I now get to count to 2 she's outer their doing what i ask etc.... or stopped doing which ever is the case.

I can remember getting hit with a wooden spoon. Mind you I was a sh!t of a kid.
The Irony was I painted it a pre-school.

Nevyn said:
I only give one warning, anymore and I believe we are giving

Stupid #%##% iPhone
Anyway, one warning is enough!
And I reckon all them do gooders can stay out of our business!

My butt had countless wooden spoons broken on it when i was growing up. I used to laugh when they snapped but the old man didn't think it was funny and usually got out the belt. I was a little shithead and i think a slap or two is fine.

Kid these days break into cars, houses whatever and just get a "dont do it again" warning, no slap no nothing. A good belting and i bet half the kids wouldn't do it again.

Brett

my 2 adult sons (23,25) were occasionally smacked on ass
my 10 y/old son has never been smacked (yet)
but i reserve the right to smack him if i think he needs it
its my choice ,not the governments
smacking rarely works,disipline works better in my experience

RustyNav09 said:
Agreed smacking due to reason. As stated there is a fine line between smacking and bashing. Look at the new generation today and how the think they own the place because of low to no dicipline. Can you imagine if it go banned/illegal? The place would be a mess

100% agree. we have a lost generation. i have 3 daughters. 3yo 2yo and a new born. the 2 older ones both get smacks when they are naughty. nothing over the top and deffinately only on the backside.

The jails are full undisciplined young adults ,when i went to school i got 6 of the best many a time and if i told my mum she would give me a few more,These called DOO-gooders have made a generation of young people who have no respect for their elders or society.
New Zealand has banned smacking yet are jails are full of them ,It up to the parent what punishment they should give their child a light smack never hurt any one but taught them to respect their parents and their elders.

hmmmm what about the list of items we used ot get smacked with.

wooden spoon - this item i lost count with as the broke all the time. was funny but the rents didnt like it so they found the next utensil in the kitchen drawer
egg flip - metal of plastic
belt
cricket bat - :S
plank of wood - only if dad couldnt find something else

smacking in moderation and only to the butt is fine. 1-2 warnings and a smack or discipline, maybe grounding or taking from them of there favourite item?

RustyNav

Latest posts

Back