to smack or not to smack

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

should children be smacked?

• agree with smacking

Votes: 78 97.5%
  • disagree with smacking

Votes: 2 2.5%

• Total voters
And didn't it F*&^en hurt the odd times the belt slipped and you ended up getting the buckle!

Oh i had welts most of the time, it didn't take long for me to work out the belt was BAD and i learnt from my mistakes, something the youths of today miss out on, hence all the crime, murders and shit going on.

Brett

Talking of modern kids, the problem can be with the parents. Some of them don't want to be parents, they want to be their kids' best mates. Gave a kid detention for not doing homework once, and he ran out the room crying (16 years old, mind) and hid in the loos. By the time I got back to the staffroom after the lesson, kid had already called mum, and mum had called principal and let him have it because I made her kid cry. Couldn't care less that he wasn't doing his homework. She said I wasn't making class interesting enough for him.
My wife (primary teacher) got a note from a mum once asking to give a kid a detention because she was misbehaving at home. I mean, what do you do.

A big thanks you and well done to the parents on here that do do the hard yards with discipline and homework - I know its not easy, but its what they need, and they'll love you for it in the end.

Talking of modern kids, the problem can be with the parents. Some of them don't want to be parents, they want to be their kids' best mates. Gave a kid detention for not doing homework once, and he ran out the room crying (16 years old, mind) and hid in the loos. By the time I got back to the staffroom after the lesson, kid had already called mum, and mum had called principal and let him have it because I made her kid cry. Couldn't care less that he wasn't doing his homework. She said I wasn't making class interesting enough for him.
My wife (primary teacher) got a note from a mum once asking to give a kid a detention because she was misbehaving at home. I mean, what do you do.

A big thanks you and well done to the parents on here that do do the hard yards with discipline and homework - I know its not easy, but its what they need, and they'll love you for it in the end.
Exacery and these kids grow up into adults.

I've seen a lot of parents out there not wanting to do the hard yards, leaving it to teachers to sort out (how I don't know) then wonder why their kids go off the rails.

Life's not fair, it can suck big time and we need to give kids the skills to deal with that reality and still be not only academically intelligent but emotionally intelligent too.

So do I get a participation ribbon now ?? :smile:

Society needs more discipline, The parents of these kids need a slapping, With no discipline look at whats happening in pubs and streets on a saturday night, And if the scum have a dip at you and you give them one back there straight up the cops trying to dog you in

You should say hitting, punching or smacking dave, you know how some people on this forum get when they hear the term slapping :ha:

Ohhh a new poll just for the youngens on here, "Who is here on earth only because of the baby bonus".

I'm all for it

Attachments

• smacking.jpg
    smacking.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 62
I think the baby bonus is spread out into weekly or fortnightly lots now so even the real bludgers have to save up for their new tv :big_smile:

It's like the old saying "F*&^ for Walfare"

Krankin which one is you? :big_smile:

KraftyPg said:
I think the baby bonus is spread out into weekly or fortnightly lots now so even the real bludgers have to save up for their new tv :big_smile:

It's like the old saying "F*&^ for Walfare"

Krankin which one is you? :big_smile:

yep, you get it weekly and some lower economic areas get it in food.vouchers. Cause they have wasted it on TV's, beer and smokes for to long.

Latest posts

Back