Told front shocks are shot

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

matt87

Reaction score
Hey everyone

Took my truck to mech to get timing chain done and noise sorted out. He reported part of the noise is my front tyres (stt coopers) wearing unevenly all the way around on on front two tyres.

Now I have a 2inch RAW suspension lift and mech rekons front shock are wrecked which is cause of bad tyre wear. The shock are only 2, almost 3 yrs old and feels really tight when driving so my question is are there by other possible causes of the bad tyre wear problem. It's not from over inflation or under inflation, could it possibly be from bad bushes or joints ???

Mate once you installed the raw suspension did you get a wheel alignment? Stupid question I know but would definitely be looking back at the sheet if you did to see the results as this would definitely chew out tyres

Springs and shocks are like tyres, they are a consumable.
Cheap ones are, well ... cheap but not necessarily good value.
Does the RAW suspension have a warranty period??

Could be bad wear from shocks. Normally they cause scalloping of the tread, low and high patches, because they let the tyre bounce instead of sit flat on the road.

Can you put up a pic of the wear?

Most shocks are stuffed by 40-60,000ks, the better brands like Bilstein & Koni usually get 80-100k's

When I got the suspension put in I went from there to tyre shop and bought bf good riches put on all round which included alignment and balancing. I'm now on my coopers which when I got those put on alignment was included. The bf goodriches never scalloped.

The RAW suspension did give me 60000km warranty which Ive gone over now, just.

Bods, took some photos but can't really see it. Can only really feel it when you run ur hand over the tyre. But it's definitely scalloped and patchy wear all the way round.

Front tyres are wrecked now and before I buy new ones should I be looking into anything else on top of shocks ??

This set of coopers haven't been rotated. Really haven't done that many Ks in them, I'll find out exactly how many ks.

If I had rotated them though I would have slowly ruined all four as they a pitting/scalloping

Ill check the uca play this arvy. How much would u rekon would be a concern??

Ive only done about 10000kms on them. I know they should have been rotated but they still shouldn't wear like they are

I would probably be concerned if there is any play in the uca bushes. Apart from the up and down movement, they shouldn't have any other movement, top or bottom arms for that matter.

Latest posts

Back