tonneau

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joshuaA910

Reaction score
hey guys got another question. managed to scum a tonneau cover for my ST d40. i am having trouble making heads and tails of this. I have the rails and im assuming the side with the holes rivets/screws into the tub but whats with that layer of sticky crap on the other side? thnks

The double sided tape is to stick to the top edge of the tray, best off not peeling the paper off until you drill the holes, that way once the holes are done you can remove it and clean the swarf/shavings from the drill off the painted surface and stop the rust from starting.
Once you clean up the surface you can peel the backing tape/paper off and stick it down the pop rivet it onto the tray.

alright thanks makes sense. scummed this off someone with a canopy though so tapes already exposed. recon i should scrape it off and stick some more on or dont bother and just drill it in

alright thanks makes sense. scummed this off someone with a canopy though so tapes already exposed. recon i should scrape it off and stick some more on or dont bother and just drill it in

Definitely replace it mate, you will be surprised how much strain is on the rails especially when the tarp is cold.
I have had to do it to a couple now (replaced the tub on my last one) and i found that if you get a heat gun you can just peel it off then give it a rub with turps to get any residue off.
If you dont have a heat gun just try and get under it from the side with a stanley blade.
Make sure you buy a really good all weather tape or your wasting your time, i get mine off my sign writer mates so i cant tell you where to buy it from but i do know most of the stuff from the hardware is total SHIT

Latest posts

Back