Torque curve

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jaymac90210

Reaction score
G'day guys, I was reading on the Patrol Forum looking up comparisons between the 2.8 and 3.0L patrol engines.. Anyway I also read one comment from someone saying that the ZD30 produces 80% of its peak torque from just 1200 rpm... Could the same be said for the Navara ZD30? I understand that we don't share the same turbo and other little bits but if anyone knows some good info about the 3.0L Navara torque curve figures that would be great. Cheers :)
Jarryd

Wish that was the case :/

more like from about 2400rpm, mind you the YD25 is even worse, nothing...nothing...foot flat to the floor...then bang you have full torque and you surge through the revs.

the patrol and navara zd30 torque curves are totally different.
the main reasons for that is patrol has variable turbo so it gets boost up a lot earlier and the other is fueling. navara is under fueled in the low rpm.

so add a variable turbo, intercooler and chip. it will match the patrol easy enough.

Yeah a mate has the 2.5 and (absolutely no offence to all the 2.5 owners out there!) it feels really sluggish compared to me 3.0L until it hits boost then it's away haha.. And good point about the patrol engine with the variable vane turbo, however I've done the EGR mod and a straight through turbo back 3 inch exhaust system and it seems to pick up a hell of a lot better down low :p she really lights up from about 1700 though and taps out at about 3,000 at the most...

I did EGR on mine, didn't notice any difference, still a slug haha, the intake wasn't as gunked up as I thought it'd be though so that was a surprise, looked like my previous 2.5 navara did after about 1000km.

I did EGR on mine, didn't notice any difference, still a slug haha, the intake wasn't as gunked up as I thought it'd be though so that was a surprise, looked like my previous 2.5 navara did after about 1000km.

Yeah fair enough mate, it's not a massive overall gain for power but definitely much better for the engine's health haha

Latest posts

Back