Torsion Bar at Different "Torsions"

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bazz

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I have just adjusted my EFS torsion bars to the correct ride height 745mm from bottom of the rim to the guard.

I noticed the passenger side can be adjusted with ease and has lots of adjustment left, however the driver side has been wound up much more and I require a bar and all my strength to adjust it higher.

Is this normal?

Cheers

Is it out of adjustment, that is does that side require re indexing where you move the bracket a couple of splines towards the ground and start again.

it might just need to go around 1 spline.

is one adjuster hanging down below the cross member? or is the side that is hard to adjust sitting a lot higher up inside than the other?

they should sit roughly flush inside the cross member.

remember u will need a wheel alignment after adjusting so make sure ur happy with how its sitting before u get that done.

Yeah as you said the torsion bar that is easy to adjust is sitting 10mm below the cross member and the one that I struggle with sits inside the cross member by about 10mm, they are at the same ride height though. (745mm)

Is this because the one sitting inside the cross member has simply run out of adjustment or is it possible to be under more torsion?

Seems like the both need to be adjusted by one spline one anti clockwise and the other clockwise.

Last edited:
to be obtain the same ride height with equal load each side the torsion bars are seeing the same torsional stress...just because you've indexed one side different to the other is neither here nor there

Yeah as you said the torsion bar that is easy to adjust is sitting 10mm below the cross member and the one that I struggle with sits inside the cross member by about 10mm, they are at the same ride height though. (745mm)

Is this because the one sitting inside the cross member has simply run out of adjustment or is it possible to be under more torsion?

Seems like the both need to be adjusted by one spline one anti clockwise and the other clockwise.

you probably don't want that adjuster hanging down below the x member at all, it could get damaged 4x4ing.

the one that is 10 up into the x member would be pretty much at the end of its adjustment.

ideally you would have them both close to flush with the x member.

if you try to tighten the "tight one" any more you could snap the bolt.

try going 1 spline around on each side.

you probably don't want that adjuster hanging down below the x member at all, it could get damaged 4x4ing.

the one that is 10 up into the x member would be pretty much at the end of its adjustment.

ideally you would have them both close to flush with the x member.

if you try to tighten the "tight one" any more you could snap the bolt.

try going 1 spline around on each side.

okay thx mate much appreciated!!! All stuff I predicted, but this place is always great for a second opinion and you have suggested exactly what I suspected.

Thanks again for the advice, now Ill have to go through the painful process of re-indexing them them haha.

okay thx mate much appreciated!!! All stuff I predicted, but this place is always great for a second opinion and you have suggested exactly what I suspected.

Thanks again for the advice, now Ill have to go through the painful process of re-indexing them them haha.

its not that bad ;) just fiddly to get everything spot on

Latest posts

Back