Tough Dog Ride Quallity

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Titanium_Tim

Reaction score
Hi All,

Have been searching around the forum for a while now and have found a few answers but just wanted to start up a thread about what tough dog coils and leafs people are running and how they find the ride quality round town & off road.

E.g.

- What coils with what equipment up front (HD, XHD, XXHD)

- Same with the leafs (0-300, 300+, 500+)

I dont have a winch at the moment but am looking to get one down the track (6-12 mths) and have heard some people saying that they didn't get the desired height out of the XHD so went with the XXHD. How much did this stiffen up the front end, stiff but drivable, too stiff not worth the hassle.

I would like the 300+ Leafs in the back but dont think that i will be running enough gear to warrant them.

Cheers, Tim.

Hey Tim,
Im running the XXHD up front and 0-300kg rear, i got 40mm lift in the rear and still only got 30mm in the front but i have a bar winch etc and i also have adjustable shocks set half way on the font and i think 3 clicks on the rear and rides nice. I had the XHD in when they first lifted it and did not notice any difference between the 2.

Hey Tim,
Im running the XXHD up front and 0-300kg rear, i got 40mm lift in the rear and still only got 30mm in the front but i have a bar winch etc and i also have adjustable shocks set half way on the font and i think 3 clicks on the rear and rides nice. I had the XHD in when they first lifted it and did not notice any difference between the 2.

Hi ourd40,

what do you normally have in the back or is that measurement unloaded? goin to sound like a stupid question but with the adjustable shocks how do they actually work? are they height adjustable or do they just change the stiffness of the shock?

They change the stiffness of the shock so on shitty roads you turn a little dial on them right down and it soaks up the bumps nicely and if you turn the dial the other way you will feel every little bump crack etc. and i dont usually carry anything in the back except when going away

Nice, so pretty much just need to decide between adjustables or not, sliders look awesome by the way, almost put in an order last nite but need to find someone in town that i trust to weld them into place.

the Foam cells are meant to be good i only got the adjustables cause they were out of stock and gave me them for the same price.
The sliders have saved me heaps of times I would never take a Nav offroad without them.

Can anyone tell me the best rear shocks to get for my 2011 D40 nav as I have loaded the rear with drawsgenny and camping gear and the rear has standard shock sag????
Cheers Les

ended up going with the foam cells all round, and 0-300 leafs in the back hopefuly it does the trick. off to hamilton island on friday for a week (yes.....it is a hard life) so wont get to pick them up for another fortnight.

any tricks for fitting them yourself?

Theres a thread on here somewhere on how to do it, get a ball joint splitter (about $12 from repco) and go for it, its not actually as hard as you might think

Latest posts

Back