Tough Dog Suspension 2" lift

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Navara09

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I was just looking at there lift kits and you dont get new torsion bars with it there another 535 buk. do i need the new torsion bars or not?

I have thier lift including the torsion bars.
I was told they were a bit more heavy duty than the stock ones which I reckoned is a good thing. Beefier is better in my opinion.
As to whether you need them or not I believe that is a personal choice.
I know many people who dont bother with them when they have thier suspension lifts done...
Bill

I have Standard torsion bars with my 2" lift, they are OK, but i would like to have a drive in someone's with changed bars. I've heard conflicting stories about them, some say major difference / improvement. others that they are a waste money & not worth $550 - $600.

You dont NEED new ones, but you may end up WANTING them.

I think it's recommended to change them if you add winch/steel bullbar/dual battery etc as KINGCAB said.

You could always look at the EFS kit which going by some sites is a $1000 cheaper than the Tough Dog kit (with torsion bars and new rear leafs included). I read somewhere here that there are only a few factories in the world that make torsion bars and the EFS and Tough Dog come out of the same Brisbane Factory so it would seem pointless to pay more for tough dog torsion bars when the only difference is colour and a sticker!

just for the future reference of my forum buddies...i have a mate who has taken his car to ARB to get a 2" kit fitted (cant remember what brand- thinks its old man emu) and they have told him he needs to cut his control arm or sumthing to stop the shock from binding on the chassis...jsut pre warning that this mod is highly illegal and for ARB to be telling you to do this mod is flipping crazy...

My preference is the EFS kit as they come with the right shocks for both front and rear and are decent price and top quality.

Im going toughdog because i get it at cost price. the cost of the torsion bar i first said wont be the price i pay it will be a lot cheaper that is why im going toughdog

Im going toughdog because i get it at cost price. the cost of the torsion bar i first said wont be the price i pay it will be a lot cheaper that is why im going toughdog

So will you be sharing your privelages with the rest of the forum members?:dancing:

if i could i would mate. but i dont think my mates dads business would appreciate giving it away all at cost

ALL TORSION BARS IN AUSTRALIA COME FROM THE ONE FACTORY IN QUEENSLAND - Carrol Springs!!!!
The difference is the stickers/paint applied. I got EFS bars supplied and fitted for $340. ARB, EFS, Pedders, Tough Dog .....etc are all the same bar. This is common knowledge in the industry and dont believe the sales hype.
The only exception are Ironman which come from Thailand.......what else comes from Thailand?
Only change the torsion bars if you are carrying a steel bar and winch - it does improve things.

If you can beat $635.for a full set up your doing ok.
Thats what i paid for ironman 2inch lift with torsion bars and heavy leafs at the back...
Im not complaining....

Can beat that. Paid nothing $0 for ARB Nitrochargers, Dakar Leaves and only $340 for the torsion bars. So far I think I am bang on the money because ARB would have to pay me to use they're crap equipment again.
Cost me some favours though so it wasn't entirely free.

Can beat that. Paid nothing $0 for ARB Nitrochargers, Dakar Leaves and only $340 for the torsion bars. So far I think I am bang on the money because ARB would have to pay me to use they're crap equipment again.
Cost me some favours though so it wasn't entirely free.

Good one,well done..

Latest posts

Back