Towbar Hayman Reese Smartclick

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

liqfx

Reaction score
I'm getting a Hayman Reese towbar fitted to my 2012 ST navara tomorrow morning, and I have seen on the Hayman Reese website that they now have a product (circa 2009) called "smartclick" that integrates with your exisiting car wiring loom and eliminates the need for any soldering.

My question is has anyone had the smartclick system used on their Navara?

I want to make sure that when the installer comes that they use this system over soldering into the car electrics if they can.

I only booked in for the service on Friday, and read about smartclick on Saturday - hence why i haven't been able to call the installer to verify - and they are installing at 7am tomorrow morning.

If its possible to use smartclick, I want to know so I can turn away my installer if he wants to solder all the wires. Nothing against soldering - just much prefer to use a pre made wiring loom with connector.

Thanks for the help.

Its definitly a plug and play setup no joining of wires from what I can see

Thanks creesy, thats good to know - I'll be sure to ask for it then when he starts...

I think youll find it will be a standard thing why chop at a loom when the plugs are there.

And dont forget afaik nissan towbars are made by hayman reece I think.

I know my loom was hacked into, because my reversing camera has power drawn from there and I've got extra cabling added (aux power). I didn't know about the click stuff when I organised my wiring in 2009.

The Nissan towbar is made by Hayman Reese. Just like the Nissan Bullbar is actually an ARB Commercial bar (and next time I'm getting an ARB Deluxe). We specified a Hayman Reese bar for our car, because back in 2009 HR were making different bars for Nissan's branding - with fewer mounting bolts. Because we wanted to use a weight distribution hitch, we went for the mount with the extra fixings. The Nissan bar is now the same as the HR one.

This is a really bad picture of the factory harness .The 3 black wires that go from plug to plug are reverse and 2 others. The standard trailer connection has 2 x indicators, 1 x brake and 1 x park .

23052009143.jpg

Thanks all for the info. I agree that the smart click system should be the choice for installers as I would think it must save them a lot of time! Apparently the harnesses are made to suit all types of vehicles... But just thought I'd ask the obvious for peace of mind ...

Just a follow up... towbar is getting installed as we speak and they do use the smartclick accessory.

Not sure if mine was installed with the "smartclick" but after much pre tow bar purchase discussion, with a plug in harness.

Didn't have to worry about soldering. The stupid bastards cut some wires from the plug and play loom they installed and used Scotch Locks instead.

This was not a Nissan dealer by the way.

There are heaps of towbars for sale on ebay... surely they can't be that hard to install? A few bolts and then plug in the harness... job done?? Or am I missing something here...

Latest posts

Back