towing upgrades

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

miner88

Reaction score
hey guys just wondering on a few good towing upgrades i tow either a 3 horse angle load float or a 3 horse gooseneck and if anyone has upped the boost at all and the fuel system as well

Consider a chip - good ones can do both boost and fuel (and monitor engine for warning signs). You don't indicate which model you have - but chips do provide a fair amount of extra power. So does LPG (sometimes called "Diesel gas"). Standard tyres would be helpful (reduces the overall drive ratio).

cheers guys its gives me something to work with, it a 07 d40 stx and i noticed today towing with it the temp gauge for the motor was spiking while under load going up hills i had the radiator replaced about 6 months ago cause it was clogged right up hopefully this one hasnt met the same fate and whats the better brands to use in regards to chips, suspension, coolers and exhausts

What was the radiator clogged with mate?

I replace my coolant every 2 years, and the system is fresh and nice shiny green, no hint of anything bad in there.

I tow a 2.5T van, and the temp needle doesn't move from it's normal position.

It was clogged with muck and crap the previous owner mustn't of done the coolant change out in it and I usually tow a 3.5t horse floar behind it

I think the old radiator had about 6 cores flowing properly when they 1st pulled it out and 15 cores flowing after a couple hrs with a high pressure hose up it

I'm getting a new radiator today. Had over heating problems towing. They said the old radiator was very blocked with stuff like jelly and couldn't save it. They reckon it was like that because of mixing different coolants.

Aye misso was towing a horse float the other day uphills an that. Had chip an exhaust but still the temp climbed up below the red she reckons..She had to turn the air con off, put more coolant in N still was over heating , was hot day also but yea i wasnt there to see it an to see how she was driving it.. Than other day had a 10x6 caged trailer stack up higher than the nav full of house hold stuff An was pulling it well. The temp only stayed half way goin up hills than went back down.. Was bit worryed cus the trailer was more heavier than the float. But fuel wise u dnt wnna no hahaha.

Back