Towing with a Manual D40 (A fairly tale)

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BravoBrad

Reaction score
If you believe all the general talk on all forums, than this thread will be a total flop.

Come on, lets hear if anybody has a successful story.

Is anybody brave enough to own up to successfully towing greater than 2T with a manual D40.

(no need for the negative story's, we have all read them before.)

towed the wifes Old Lux home from Bathurst to the southern highlands about 400km with some big hills with out one slip of the clutch

8a870d36.jpg

I've towed exactley 316 tonn of would on my nav since new in 06 d40, my trailer wieghs 968kg empty and i put a measured 2 tonn of sappy would on it every trip and have the ute filled to the sides with wood also. I also cart hay in the summer, each load is either 102 small square bales or 11 5x4 rounds. the first clutch went at 33000ks the second clutch went at 135000ks both dual mass and i'm now running a solid flywheel and clutch. when i reverse my loads of wood i allways put it in low 4 and it dosen't hurt the clutch as much i have photos of my russian hay stacks and loads of wood i just dont know how to put on here. cheers

Here are a few that have been caught on camera;

A massive load of timber with 1 ton of cement in the back of the truck
trailer.jpg

A but dodgy for loading and unloading on the trailer
001-1.jpg

Horsebox with 'moving' load
002-1.jpg

This regularly gets moved about o the trailer as well.
DSCN2831.jpg

I occasionally tow the trailer below which is about 1.8t on the road and we've had it nearly to 4t with moo moos in it but I'm not allowed to brag because I have an auto. :bawling:

trailer2.gif

Are you kidding we can't even open the door of that shed these days. That and the house are long term refub projects.

If you believe all the general talk on all forums, than this thread will be a total flop.

Come on, lets hear if anybody has a successful story.

Is anybody brave enough to own up to successfully towing greater than 2T with a manual D40.

(no need for the negative story's, we have all read them before.)

I did my clutch at 28k, but up to 42k almost with no more problems. trailer is 1200kg with ride on on, and no rubbish.

Attachments

• P1000220.jpg
    P1000220.jpg
    213.3 KB · Views: 36
I occasionally tow the trailer below which is about 1.8t on the road and we've had it nearly to 4t with moo moos in it but I'm not allowed to brag because I have an auto. :bawling:

trailer2.gif

Hey! that maybe next years muster venue...

or somewhere I can stay when the missus sends me out to the doghouse...

Our well that's currently occupied by about 200 birds. The structure is ok and we do plan to rebuild it but we need an exterminator :sarcastic:

Latest posts

Back