towing

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnboy

Reaction score
hi all have navara 2.5 TD and thinking of hooking on to a caravan with a tare of I. 3 to 1 4 tons and wondering how it will go has anyone hooked on to a van with similar weight or heaver.cheers

Welcome mate, I tow about that, but I have an older 3l navara. But there is or was a couple of people on here with late model navaras who were towing jay co pop tops, little bit less weight than what your talking but not by much

I towed my camper around which weighed 1.7 loaded
and the ute was almost 3 tonne loaded
all with a 2.5
they do the job ok
I wouldn't want to tow a van around oz in one but that's a room issue more than a capability issue
they tow good IMO with a medium load

The first van we towed with the Navara was 1.8T, the second 2.5T. While there's a definite difference in performance with that much weight behind, the car manages it nicely.

You should try doing that with the 3ltr V-6

My camper trailer Weights in at 1285kgs
Loaded to the hill.

It's not bad on flat ground,but come to a steep incline and it loses all momentum.

Still I don't flog it, I just let it run comfortably I find between 80 and 90 kph it likes.

⚠️Cheers Geoff Go the V-6's⚠️

I find that if I keep the thing around 90-95km/h (when towing) we get the best economy. I'd get better if I could keep her between 80-85km/h because of the reduced revs, but at that speed there's not enough torque to keep her going. At 95km/h she's sitting bang on the top of the torque curve's main climb, resulting in the most torque available for the least amount of fuel. It does develop more torque at higher RPM, but the fuel flow rates are substantially higher.

Back