Trailer indicators flashes with no trailer attatched.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

claes_gewalli

Reaction score
Hi!

I noticed on my way home from work today that the trailer indicator on the dashboard <1> flashes even thou i didn't have a trailer attatched.

What might that be?
I have a trailer connector with 7 holes. Dont know if it is the same all around the world but in Sweden we have 7 holes on older cars and 13 is the newer standard.

The indicators on the car works as they should.

Fit a new trailer socket.

They gather water and rot inside, causing all kind of electrical maladies.

When you mention it I remember it rained yesterday. Probably water and salt from the salt truck.

I will take it apart and have a look if it just needs a good cleaning, otherwise i Will change it. Thank you for the help!

Mine does the same thing too, flashes with no trailer, I have added a bull bar but since have swapped out the old trailer connector already and it didn't stop.

Any ideas? Can it become a real problem?

Funny... I got a bullbar installed Friday and noticed it straight away. Must see the bullbar as an auxiliary connection?

For those with a Bullbar just change one set of lights to LED because as Tony said its resistance driven.I swapped my bar lights to led and problem solved.The dash sees more than the standard amount of current going to the lights and will start to flash the trailor connection thingy on the dash

For those with a Bullbar just change one set of lights to LED because as Tony said its resistance driven.I swapped my bar lights to led and problem solved.The dash sees more than the standard amount of current going to the lights and will start to flash the trailor connection thingy on the dash

Where did you get your LED lights from? was this just for the indicators and parkers or ?

Hi!

Today I found out the reason why my trailer indicators were flashing.
I was about to change the interior lightbulbs to led ones and had to switch the fuse as it blew when I looked up what sockets there should be.
And it was as simple as that, a blown fuse for the interior lights.

I was apperantly wrong on when the indicators started flashing, it must have been last sunday but i noticed later.

Now i wonder, how comes the trailer indicators flash when the interior light fuse is blown? Amy ideas?

They're all operated by the BCM which is under the dash. Maybe by not having the interior lights connected, some power backfeeds into the indicator on the dash? I will try to remember to pull the fuse for my interior lights and see if mine does that too. Might just be a case of incompetent programming in the BCM. Now who'd have thought that might happen?

Back