TRED vs MAXTRAX

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maxtrax are ****ing awesome, saved my car from becoming a statistic on the beach (my fault, was being an idiot then my truck got bogged next to the water line) anyway yea also used them to help some people with caravans get off the same beach. you just have to be careful not to spin your wheels to much on them and they will last a while.

Anyone who knocks them probably can't afford a set and have nothing better to do then knock a product which works really well except for sloppy mud, nothing works well in that shit appart from like swamper tyres and a lexus V8...

What made me choose Maxtrax is that I had read that they can be turned around 180 deg so that if you do wear the "nipples" (gotta love that word) off, they can still be used whereas the Treds have the shovel incorporated at the opposite end so they are effectively one directional. Wear them nipples off and they are finished.

Treds are good used them at fraser just make sure you let tyre pressure down and ease onto them with out spinning the wheels. Thought I'd give them the bennifit of the doubt. But maxtrax are awesome to depends how deep your pockets are but there is a 20% off sale this weekend at super cheap I'd be hitting that up makes things nice and cheap.

i bought a set of "Treds" before xmas for the Fraser trip, (didnt end up needing them) The reason i went for the Treds is that they were on sale and ended up being over $100 cheaper the Max Trax

Lol I didn't really need them I just bogged my self at camp on the piss with the boys to see how they would go an the just ripped me straight out. :)

Just walked into TJM with the full intention of spending the big bucks and getting a set of MAXTRAX... Walked out with TREDS instead!

The salesmen certainly seemed to know their stuff and raised some interesting points. To top it off, he walked me out the back and showed that each staff member working had TRED strapped to their cars too.

The TRED design has 4 channels vs the MAXTRAX 3. This gives the TRED design a few advantages.

4 rows of nipples VS 3 rows, the wider track of the TRED makes it easy to maintain traction if the boards move around a little bit. The extra channel also provides alot more strength in the board itself - so much so that in some situations you can actually used the TRED to make a bridge where the MAXTRAX will buckle under the same weight.

From all reports the nipples are the achilles heel to both of these units. They seem to tear off if wheelspin has occurred. TRED has a lifetime warranty vs only 2 years on the MAXTRAX.

Both have similar functionality to click together and create a longer board. Both have similar ways to mount them on posts together, lash them together or bag them together.

Finally, I've got more money left in wallet after buying the TRED.

Just my 2c

Attachments

• tred_features.jpg
    tred_features.jpg
    162.5 KB · Views: 318
  • maxtrax-features.jpg
    maxtrax-features.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 243
I now have 4 sets of maxtrax and all the others are just copies. Yes cheaper but not the same quality as the maxtrax.

I now have 4 sets of maxtrax and all the others are just copies. Yes cheaper but not the same quality as the maxtrax.

Of course there not as good............ oh buy the way have you had to use all four sets at once?? and have you used the TREDS as well as the MAXTRAX??

Of course there not as good............ oh buy the way have you had to use all four sets at once?? and have you used the TREDS as well as the MAXTRAX??

No ive never had to use all four at once to date, I only have 4 sets is because i know the on entrepreneur of maxtrax. I haven't used TREDS at all but ive seen them and they look and feel cheap to me but that's just a personal opinion.

No ive never had to use all four at once to date, I only have 4 sets is because i know the on entrepreneur of maxtrax. I haven't used TREDS at all but ive seen them and they look and feel cheap to me but that's just a personal opinion.

:hmmmm2: thought so

Latest posts

Back