Trip A and B

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bikerbill

Reaction score
Do all D40s have distance to empty on dash, mine only has trip a and b but I read elsewhere that it could have more.. how do I get it??

My 2009 model has the display for fuel calculations but not the capability. I tried poking the ECU but didn't have any success, not sure if I need to hit it with a hammer to convince it or not.

My 2010 ST didn't have the trip computer but the 2014 does. Obviously introduced inbetween.

my 07 bcm doesn't appear to read fuel tank qty, and for a trip computer it would have to

reading my manual the signal from the sender goes straight to the guage and nowhere else

^ That's part of the reason. Your car will know how approximately much fuel it has used, because it will know how many times it has opened the injectors under what rail pressure (and this gives it the Litres Per Hour real-time figure that it does have in the ECU). It just can't compare that with what's actually in the tank, so the ECU has no idea how far you can go on what remains.

My series 6 has trip a,b average fuel, dis to empty and average speed as well as total time driving, i can cycle throught them by using eithe the knob on the instrument cluster or via the i button on steering wheel. I think series 6 up has this function. Mine is an st

Back