Triton not pretty....but

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jjohn

Reaction score
It's not a looker but, we dont all live with Jen Hawkins either.
The Triton GLX 4x4 is $31,990 drive away. Blue tooth, 3 tonne towing, 6 airbags, active stability control, and now $2,000 cash back.

Your thoughts?
Just for discussion sake.

I think stock standard they are a bit ugly, but with some bar work, lift and some bigger tyres they can look quite good.

If its the difference between having a new ute or not, for that price you would have to consider it. Is that with the diff lock as well?

image-725296958.jpg

Went from a nice D22 to this mate bought her brand new with nothing on it... Looked shocking standard but after a bit of bar work and steel wheels she came up nicely, still plenty more to go though

They actually look allright with a tray on the back. There is somthing wrong with look of that tub.
Good thing about those utes is they have a lockable centre diff. Like 4WD available on a paved road. Handy!

Just googled it on Mitsubishi Australia web.
Running gear same as the glx-r as far as I could tell.
2.5lt 131kw 400nm manual, centre diff lock not rear lsd.
5yr 130k warranty, capped service until 60k

Last edited:
Just googled it on Mitsubishi Australia web. Running gear same as the glx-r as far as I could tell. 2.5lt 131kw 400nm manual, centre diff lock not rear lsd. 5yr 130k warranty, capped service until 60k
all running gear except the 4wd system is the same. GLX has easy select (4l 4hi 2h) whereas GLXR has the super select (4l locked centre diff 4hi locked centre diff, 4hi like all wheel drive and 2H)

all running gear except the 4wd system is the same. GLX has easy select (4l 4hi 2h) whereas GLXR has the super select (4l locked centre diff 4hi locked centre diff, 4hi like all wheel drive and 2H)

Is it a shift stick or electric switch?
GLXR extra awd option sounds good but not necessary for me. Still I can see it being a good thing with no lsd.
How's the rest of the vehicle for issues?

brother inlaw has one and has had lots of issues with the manifold sooting up...car goes onto limp home.

dealer has fixed under warranty twice and installed a new manifold....still does it.

told him about the egr plate but he is afraid of warranty issues

My brother inlaw has 1 has a work company car.. Nice ride and heaps of room but ugly as hell with the tub on the back.. He has muddies, bar work and lights but still ugly with the tub

Is it a shift stick or electric switch? GLXR extra awd option sounds good but not necessary for me. Still I can see it being a good thing with no lsd. How's the rest of the vehicle for issues?
stick mate which is why I got it. Hate this automatic turn of a switch crap haha

Is it a shift stick or electric switch? GLXR extra awd option sounds good but not necessary for me. Still I can see it being a good thing with no lsd. How's the rest of the vehicle for issues?
and yes it's a really good vehicle. Traction control off road works better than you would think to be honest. I'd take TC over LSD any day but nothing beats a locker

Issues well, all cars do. And I blocked the EGR so I will not have any issues or manifold sooting up. Very strong block as well so I'm happy with my choice. Always a Nissan bloke in my heart but had to be logical about future family with dual cab room and safety features etc that the newer D22's lack

I had one for a period of time and it did the job well despite dragging it's arse everywhere in the scrub. I guess look around next time your on the road what is more popular!:musicus:

Yep that overhang out the back is massive, you can get around it by getting rid of the tub and fitting a tray.

I almost bought one before I got the 40, but the inside turned me off. I though the interior was really average, really tacky plasticky look. I know everyone uses plastic, but the Triton didn't try to hide it.

Resale on Mitsubishis isn't the best either.

But having said that I'll look one when I'm ready for my next ute.

Yeah, the tub is far too long and low.
You will likely have trouble even giving the tub away if you fit a tray-back.
The rear seats afaik have no space under them...

I couldn't sit in one for too long, the seating isn't that good compaired to to a d40,but the seats in my 06 are better than the 14.

Latest posts

Back