trying to find the best setup for me

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stiffy21

Reaction score
Hey guys I have thoroughly read through most of the threads on the forum to do with coil spacers and shackles. I would like to see if I have finally nutted everything out. I have a 2" lift and want to go higher and decided to take the spacer and shackle root. From my understanding I need to do the following to make it work. These are the shackles and spacers I am looking at.
http://www.performancesuspension.co...-racing-rear-extended-shackles-psrextsh7.html

http://www.performancesuspension.co...acing-front-35mm-strut-spacer-psrnav-004.html

My understanding is that I will need front and rear extended brake lines and aftermarket UCA's. While reading through I found somebody mention that instead of changing the UCA's you can use extended ball joints. I found these.
http://www.performancesuspension.co...ing-front-extended-balljoints-psrnav-002.html

I would like some other opinion's if this will or wont work. I don't need brands of UCA's or anything like that because after a quick search on the forum im sure I can find info on decent brands.

Please let me know if this is everything i will need to get the job done.
thanks

Extended shackles? I wouldnt. They are rubbish. Just do a body lift. It's an easy DIY job if you are handy with a rattle gun and 2 tonne (or similar) jack / stands.

As for the spacers, yes you can run those all good with aftermarket ADJUSTABLE UCA's (will run you about $850AUS or about $550-$600US.

I run a 2" suspension front and rear lift with 15mm spacers up front and a 1" body lift and mine sits pretty bloody high and i run 33's with no scrubbing at all.

Last edited:
Did you get the body lift from zordo? i have a mate thats a mechanic so im sure we can nut out a body lift. which spacers did you go with?

I went with a Luxlift kit. Exact same kit same materials instructions etc. Spacers i am running are Ironman 15mm = 25mm lift (extra inch). My CV angles are still sweet. Some people have problems but i havent at all.

Just a 1" lift for mine. Mate you seriously wouldnt even need a mechanic to help its super easy. Just takes a little while

Whats your gap like with the bullbar and towbar? i heard the gap increases with a body lift. also what spacers did you go with?

No gap on my bullbar because i had 2" of front bar left on there when it was cut to fit the bullbar so i didnt get that gap when i lifted it ;) and i have an ARB rear step bar instead of normal towbar.

Ironman 15mm spacers mate.

Exact same kit same materials instructions etc

Not the same kit i can assure you.

Poly blocks, high tensile zinc bolts and washers. All fit perfect with step by step instructions. What's the difference between yours and theirs?

No offense but i couldnt justify the near $200 price difference for the same parts made from the same materials that do the exact same thing just because forum members recommended it. I did a heap of research from forum members here with your kit, and blokes with the Luxlift kits who have had both in use in their vehicles for a long time, both with zero problems.

While i understand you aren't going to recommend other brands whilst running your own business, i still have yet to see any solid evidence of a difference between your kit and Luxlifts kit. Poly blocks, high tensile zinc bolts (size specific for each vehicles kit) and washers. Blocks being the right size for the two shapes in block sizes on each side of the vehicle as well as the washers. All fit first go just like yours.

Sure you offer phone assistance, not a bad thing, but not needed with perfectly laid out instructions.

Last edited:
Do you have 8 blocks for the tub???
Dia of your blocks???
Size of hole in your blocks???
Last time i saw his kit it was nothing like mine & instructions were crap.
I can only go on the last kit i had to fix up for the customer. [ I admit it was a 50mm kit]

But hey he may have fixed the problems.

I have no problems with you buying the other kit. & don't want to start a heated discussion [don't have the time.]
I do understand the $$$ thing so no problem at all with that.

I have a problem with saying it is the same as my kit considering you have never seen my kit,
Cheers

Last edited:
Pics on your site look identical mate. Everything fit 100% first go ;) and yes, 4 blocks and 4 bumpstops for the tray :)

I have a problem with someone charging nearly double the price for the same amount of blocks, bolts, washers etc when its made of the exact same material. Hence why my jaw dropped when you PM'd back the price of yours compared to Luxlifts price.

And they shipped overnight express for free. Was no competition there. Alot of people on here have Luxlift kits and from the people i have spoken to who have had them fitted for a long time now, have no complaints at all.

Have heard a few about yours though without a word of a lie. Another reason i went Luxlifts. Just sayin' :) the Luxlift instructions could have been followed by a 2 year old so i dont know where you got that from.

he obviously has made some improvements from the last kit i saw.
Cheers

Latest posts

Back