tub fills up with sand, dust and rocks from under the mudgaurds :(

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Factory trays are shorter and skinnier than the ones we used to make too and we made them properly not that shit ali which can't handle a decent log of firewood bouncing off it but they still don't hold as much as a tub especially with a canopy on.

Shithouse window design of most canopies hampers how one can get into their tub, but for those who can't reach things the advice is simple. Grow!

As for the wheel arches they can be as practical as the owner is imaginative. We designed a secondary fuel tank to fit between the wheel arches of a mates Lux years ago, false floor on top at the height of the arches and a level floor he had as well as 250l of fuel and small storage drawers. I made a battery/tool box that goes over one of my arches, over the wheel arch is a tool box which holds spanners, the tow bar, the jack and my tie downs and from the wheel arch to the rear is my battery box and future home of my inverter. I could just as easily make the same thing for the left hand side and cart other crap I use out at the farm and make a square space out of the tub but it doesn't suit me.

Imagination is the key to success. it doesn't work for everyone but it can.

im 6ft + and have canvas canopy so your only leaning over the tub sides and its hard to reach front centre of the bottom of the tub. I to have made storage draws the same height as the wheel arches to leave a flat level surface but they still suk lol. just my opinion but i can understand what suits me won't suit someone else and viceaversa

Does anyone actually know why the various holes are there?

We may be turning our tubs into rust traps by not not allowing them to breath!!!!

Any ideas??

This is how i have sealed mt tail gate, the bottome works really well, the side are ok, but i am going to put some flat ally on the edge and a new seal that the tailgate closes against, but for now it works ok!

cheers
bryan

Does anyone actually know why the various holes are there?

We may be turning our tubs into rust traps by not not allowing them to breath!!!!

Any ideas??

The fact that crap can get up there from the wheel arch its a rust trap regardless. Im still getting sand fall out of there from when i was at fraiser 2/3months ago and ive flooded the crap out of it. the real fix is making so it doesnt all flick up there from the wheel by sealing the wheel arch but that wont be easy to do by the looks. As I said earlier driving around in light drizzle of rain this morning there was water all the way up there, not running in but it was damp(perfect for rust)

I suspect that the ones under the lip are just wobble/flex space to make it easy to align the inner and outer sheets of metal that make up the tub. Whatever you do, never assume that any measurement is the same on the other side. I think I could push a block of polystyrene foam down on top of those to jam them up.

Most of the holes in the floor have plugs in them except for two (10mm?) drainholes towards the front, which I'm happy to leave for when it rains. I have no idea if the plugged holes are a manufacturing alignment technique of some anticipated but never offered add-on.

About fitting shit in the tub, it was a major PITA until I put in a pair of drawers that created a false floor. Woops, that reminds me I still haven't stashed a Trangia and makings in there for a roadside cuppa.

tailgate sealing

If you go to clark rubber they have all diferant types and sizes of seals, there is a steel thin lip that runs top to bottom on the tub near the tailgate supports,use this just like wots around your doors, and push on the seal,cut to lenght, sorry no photos but it works,just make shaw you get the right seal

If you go to clark rubber they have all diferant types and sizes of seals, there is a steel thin lip that runs top to bottom on the tub near the tailgate supports,use this just like wots around your doors, and push on the seal,cut to lenght, sorry no photos but it works,just make shaw you get the right seal

I've been into 3 clark rubbers in Brisbane looking for some sort of h shaped pinch seal to fit onto that lip but none have any big enough. :(

I've been into 3 clark rubbers in Brisbane looking for some sort of h shaped pinch seal to fit onto that lip but none have any big enough. :(

I've just purchased this off eBay. Will post reviews when I get it. I don't think it's going to help much as my canopy is not air tight.

Attachments

• image-2781209875.jpg
    image-2781209875.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 55
this is my current management strategy, big enough to fit big plastic tubs in, I can tie it down or remove it in 2min easy as. secure, makes camping easy, built it myself and light and strong

Attachments

• IMG_0426.jpg
    IMG_0426.jpg
    216 KB · Views: 56

Latest posts

Back