Tunit installed

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

miner-matt

Reaction score
Hi fellas, well a cpl weeks ago I finally had the go ahead to source a chip for the nav. The mrs wants a van now so I insisted I needed more herbs to pull and waaalaaaa permission granted. Installed on Saturday and so far I am impressed with the chip, no supercar improvements or anything but there is a noticeable increase especially low to mid range. Pulls great between 1800 an 2800 and will be interesting to see how it goes chugging a van along. I currently have it set on 7 and may go to 8 at a later stage to see how it goes, as currently there isn't any bellows of black smoke as I lay the boot in trying to see if there is any.

So after 3 days I'm thinking why didn't i do this from new, then I hear my name being called... Ahh that's right:rofl2:

Cheers
Matt

Just had Tunit chip, new exhaust, egr blank & DPF removed and picked it up this morning. Looking forward to giving it a proper run but can already feel a marked improvement around town. Chip is set on 5 but I'll have a muck around with different settings later on. I've got a 2011 D40 Thai built.

Just had Tunit chip, new exhaust, egr blank & DPF removed and picked it up this morning. Looking forward to giving it a proper run but can already feel a marked improvement around town. Chip is set on 5 but I'll have a muck around with different settings later on. I've got a 2011 D40 Thai built.

You should be right to crank it up a couple more notches, when i first got mine i installed it on the 7. Mines a 09 stx manual, have a snorkel, beaudesert exhaust and the EGR blank. Last week I dialed it into the 8 to see how it would go, went better and no faults and no noticable bellows of smoke when up it either but since the 7 was fine i dialled it back to that. When i have achance im goin to have a crack at the top setting to see how it goes. Am I right in thinking if the setting is to high the old girl will smoke like puffing billy? and some faults coming up? With the mods you have try the 7 next, though fuel economy has increased about .5l per hundredish i think but that may be my over excited right hoof

I'd defiantly recommed having an exhaust temp gauge, they reckon 2.5s run pretty hot standard.

You should be right to crank it up a couple more notches, when i first got mine i installed it on the 7. Mines a 09 stx manual, have a snorkel, beaudesert exhaust and the EGR blank. Last week I dialed it into the 8 to see how it would go, went better and no faults and no noticable bellows of smoke when up it either but since the 7 was fine i dialled it back to that. When i have achance im goin to have a crack at the top setting to see how it goes. Am I right in thinking if the setting is to high the old girl will smoke like puffing billy? and some faults coming up? With the mods you have try the 7 next, though fuel economy has increased about .5l per hundredish i think but that may be my over excited right hoof

I'll definitely give it a crack over the next couple of weeks.

Have done a few k's now, about 300 with decent box trailer load tunit set on 5. Power was great with much reduced hunting from overdrive to 4th. On return trip without trailer I dialled chip up to 7 and the difference has blown me away.....so much more power & torque it really feels like a different car. Haven't done the fuel figures yet but the gauge is just below 3/4 and done 260 km. Looking forward to see how it goes with van in tow.

Hay guys,
just reading about the egr blanked off.
what are the major benefits of doing this ??
And are also interested in chipping my d40 diesel 2009 what is the best one to buy...
Cheers Rod

Hay guys,

just reading about the egr blanked off.

what are the major benefits of doing this ??

And are also interested in chipping my d40 diesel 2009 what is the best one to buy...

Cheers Rod

No black soot going back into the engine, better fuel economy , bit more go when at part throttle .
After doing mine returned a saving of 1l/100k add that up over 7000k and it's the best $13 I've spent on a mod

Latest posts

Back