Turbo Hose to Intercooler

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

solja

Reaction score
Gday everyone been a while since posting.

I have a tech question. I'm looking at replacing the standard intercooler hose with silicon hose and I would like the know WTF the go is with the 2 ring metal tube shortly after the turbo. Reason I'm asking is I want to know if I can just send the new piping straight through or if i need to keep this piece.... It looks to me to be some sort of air cooling device but I'm completly oblivious to it's real purpose IF it has one... This is on the YD25 engine, 2007 pathfinder, should be identical to navara

I think there was a post up on here somewhere that said it was some sort of sound deadening thing. One day i'm going to do a hard pipe for it

I think there was a post up on here somewhere that said it was some sort of sound deadening thing. One day i'm going to do a hard pipe for it

looks like it's pointless, sound's like it's pointless... it might just have to go...I wasn't going to the extreme of solid piping too much hassel with bends etc. I'm just going with silicon hose. might remove that metal peice and see if I can manipulate a straight piece of hose from both ends to fit, would be so much easier then fkn with joiners!!
wonder how much "deadinging" it does lol

My 2012 st has the same thing in plastic... If its restrictive, I want it gone.

HAHA, this is classic, I just finished scratching my head to what it was on the weekend too. Let me know if it throws any faults in the ecu and some piccies so I might go through and do it too

Pulled it apart.. Its straight through and doest apear to be restrictive at all. Pipe dia. Is the same whole way through and has a few very small lines cut around it.

Latest posts

Back