Turbo pipe upgrade problem

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its worth going back to plazmaman about this, my turbo hot pipe has been on now since last year mine come flared both ends no issues.

without the flared ends you will never get them to stay.
no need for double clamps at such low boost. even worm clamp will do the job.
the key is the flared end and CLEAN the ends.

Id go back to Plazmaman but i can be arsed sending it back and waiting for another one. I can just flare the ends myself its easy. Then ill just file them off and clean it all up.

i wouldn't use rivets. they have a habit of wearing loose and falling out. besides it would take ages to fit them.

Are you handy with tools & do you have access to a welder?

Maybe try this:
20130426_182815_zps7dc9b086.jpg

20130426_182806_zps1dc89be5.jpg

20130426_180205_zps4778e964.jpg

Seems easy enough ...

SORRY ... THE LINK DIDN'T WORK

Last edited:
Had mine on for 20000k now including Nullabor crossing in 40+ heat with heavy trailer on without issue. Pretty sure mine has groove around ends though.

All good its fixed now. Cut 4 slits in the end and bent a flange outwards and managed to get the pipe back into the silicone join and pop the flange into the outdented section of the join.

Heavy duty clamps in front of the flanged section of the pipe. Perfect.

Just an update on the problem. Took the nav to plazamaman during the week. What the discovered is the intake diameter is smaller then previous models by 5mm. So their silicon adapter was too big. Swapped it over no questions asked. He was very apologetic and told me if anyone on here is having issues to ring them up and they will send new silicon joiner out.
On a side note spent about a hr there speaking with him. He has a nice d40 with 130rwkw, and was telling me about plazmaman future planning for the nav. On the cards is a air intake pipe and box that connects to snorkel aswell should give one hell of a whistle. inter cooler and piping upgrades and a few other bits and pieces

Latest posts

Back