Turbo Whine even after recondition!

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zooby

Reaction score
EGR Noise.

Hi, Could it be the EGR pipe or valve making a high pitched noise while driving under load?
Thank you

Last edited:
It could easily be just a leak in the intake section between the turbo and the head. The whole area is pressurised under boost, and a clamp that pinches the rubber hosing causing a small crimp could force the tube to lift slightly away from the pipework and make a high-pitched shrieking sound. Small amounts of soapy water dripped over the joints while someone's holding the revs at about 2,000rpm will reveal the source.

Look around the EGR pipe as well. It's not unheard of for the gasket to let go.

Zooby
check the egr pipe (the alloy one ) that runs from the egr up to the intake mani fold as for when these faces are not flat or sealing propley they make a lovley sound that can be diagnosed as a turbo.
I would suggest removing the pipe and filing it flat on both ends and reseal it using your gaskit and some sealent. (this is very common ) back a year or so ago i was doing one maybe 2 a week
hope this helps

Hey,
I posted a month ago about a ZD30 squeal while under load, took it to my mechanic, where he isolated it to the wastegate and recommended a full turbo recondition (from GCG Sydney for $1430). [Yes, I stupidly did this knowing a new turbo is 1550, it was my only option over christmas and I needed the car ASAP to get to northern QLD to start work...which is now flooded...rats].

Anyhow, now the squeal persists and I think it is actually worse. My mech says its hitting 6pound normal boost, and is really stumped on what it could be. Anymore ideas anyone? I read people have seen cracks in exhaust make a squeal noise...should I take it in for an exhaust check up? Can you get exhaust check ups?

Thanks heaps for advice.

Ive had the same squeal noise under load since I cut my muffler out (think I mentioned this in another post). Anyway ive done somewhere between 15 to 20000k since then with no problems, Squeal kicks in at around 3000 revs with or without crap in the back tray, hope this helps, thanks.

Latest posts

Back