Turbotech manual boost controller DIY

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is 18psi the max you can set it too without damage?

Unsure mate. Had it at 20 for a very short time. Just gone with what feels good and what others have had tuned etc. I heard that if you boost the patrols to 20+psi you can split the crimping on the intercooler. Reason why I'm only sitting at 18

Thanks, reckon I might get one considering the cost vs benefit. Not going to win a quarter mile but each 1%er adds up.

Last edited:
As far as i know unless you give the navara more fuel extra boost does nothing, iv'e had a manual boost controller on mine and made no difference what so ever!

yes it upped the boost to 22 psi according to the gauge but made no difference in performance or power, but because of the ECU controlling boost levels it made no difference! cause the ECU won't allow more fuel and they are not adjustable

Now in saying that i have added a unichip to mine which has made a hell of a difference, but still to get more boost the chip has to be adjusted and more fuel given.

This is a fantastic write up, well instructed.
I say well done to you sir!!

I do have a question, how do you know what psi its set at?? and where can i purchase said controller??
Other then that i`m thougherly impressed and the others should be set out just like this.

Last edited:
yes, not a lot of point of giving lots of boost without adding fuel.
however a controller is still usefull as it helps get rid of wastegate creep. you should find it gets up on boost a bit quicker.

Just installed the same boost controller on my zd30 and now the boost gauge flickers when it hits max boost which is about 17psi. This normal?

Latest posts

Back