Twisted/warped torsion bars?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Computershtme

Reaction score
Hey guys just wondering if it's normal for the factory torsion bars to twist/warp, or should I replace them?
I'm about to fit an efs 45mm lift kit but keep the factory torsion bar as I have an alloy bullbar.
Any info would be greatly appreciated!

You can only try... How many km on it? They do twist, that's how they work, but if they are too far gone you'll know pretty quickly...

From the info I've found on the net, it's seams hd torsion bars will make the ride really stiff with d22's with no extra weight-winch,steel bullbar etc

Your right it will make it stiff, got the same year model nav with efs TB and rear leaf springs and even with a steel bar and winch its still stiff both front and rear(comfort leaf springs). Expected really as these are more of a work horse than tourer but still was not as I had hoped for when installing and would of liked a bit more comfort.

Re positioning TB's with 180000 on them might be ok but there well used and imagine would of lost a lot of there spring and then there is metal fatigue, hence I replaced mine, so guess that's your call.

I've wondered several times since installing the new suspension what it would of been like with a different suspension kit such as OME which I've heard is a softer ride.

I re indexed my stock ones at 160, 000 km when I fitted extended shackles, it has a factory steel bar and now at 195, 000 km the ride height is still the same etc, I feel no need to replace them, a winch may tip it over the edge but I would see how it goes first If I were to fit one, the stock shocks are the worst thing about the suspension.

Was gonna say I have Tjm torsion bars up front and they are comfy matched to the bilstien shocks and calminiarms. No stiffness is mine. I only have steel bar up front

What nakedape said. Keep in mind your shocks will be working a lot harder now the torsion bars are worn. When my torsion bars were buggered I blew both front shocks, was sweet off road but scary to drive over 60km etc.

Cheers Brad

Back