Two problems or one?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pat

Reaction score
I've recently noticed the occasional misfire from my 2009 VSK D40 DCi.

Only once or twice in an hour long trip, and usually when I'm taking off from the lights or otherwise accelerating from low speed (I guess it may happen other times but wouldn't be as noticable when I'm moving normally). I was going to go poking around the fuel & injection system but...

..the weird bit is that afterwards my ABS often kicks in briefly the next time I go to slow down. It just does it once, and I've only ever noticed the ABS thing after the misfire.

A quick look underneath doesn't show any loose wires or connections, earths look good, the abs wires look OK, no leaks, no lights on the dash, no codes in any modules...

IF I had traction control I have thought the 'misfire' could be that kicking in, followed by the ABS so probably an electrical gremlin causing both. But I don't think my 2009 has traction control (no lights or buttons to indicate it's there).

Thoughts? Could these be related or am I looking for two issues? Where to start?!

Thanks in advance, I hate intermittent electrical issues!

It might actually be a wheel sensor for the ABS. it's not uncommon for the sensors to play up

Latest posts

Back