Tyres, Tyres, Rims, n More Bloody Tyres

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stepho_62

Reaction score
This is driving me crazy. :confused2:

As you can see from my profile pic Gypsy has a Std set of Alloy Nav rims shod with Shitstone boots.

The Shitstones have to go, but i want to get the tyre diameter right first up so I need advice.

Obviously, leaving all rules aside I'm trying to get the biggest diameter on that I can without rubbing and stuffing up gearing etc.

I was going to keep the rims and put a 265/75 R16 back on which ends up having an outside tyre diameter somewhere close to 32 inches.

I just had a conversation last night with a bloke who has an earlier model Nav than mine and he reckons that I go back to a 15" rim which gives me heaps of tyre choices and put a set of 32" tyres on the 15" rims.

1. Has anyone done this on a D22 and if so is there any problems with clearance/rubbing etc
  2. What width 15" rim should I put on? A 7 inch or an 8 inch

I know from my search for 265/75 tyres that they are as expensive as all hell and there is stuff all choice, so any advice you blokes n girls (if there are any on here) :) can give me would be much appreciated.

Im pretty sure i have read somewhere on here people running 15' rims just not sure exactly who it is???

As for choice, you can get any tyre you want in 16' its 17' and bigger that your choice is restricted.
In 16 you can run Mickey's, coopers, GT radials, Kumo, BF's ect ect i know for certain all those are available as i have run all of them over the last two navs i have owned.
They are dearer then 15's as far as i am aware so 15's might be a go if they fit over your calliper.

15 inch maybe cheaper at the moment, But that will change soon as less and less cars need 15,s. Try getting a second hand 15 they are getting harder to get,

265/75/16 have an absolute bucket load of choices available, so too for 245/75/16. What's harder to get are 255/70/16 & 265/70/16 (but you can still get good deals on both). Spend an afternoon googling and calling around - you'll find 'em.

Run a set of gu patrol rims 16x8 o offset looks a shit load better then standard nav rims and gives it a meaner stance

Latest posts

Back