UCA Advice

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clubby

Reaction score
Hey guys,
Just looking for some advice or recent experiences.

I have recently installed an efs 2" lift on my 07 Navara RX Diesel, upon taking it into a reputable tyre & wheel company, they have informed me that they cannot adjust the alignment any further to ensure uneven tyre wear.

To be honest with the alignment currently maxed out, the wheels are not rolling freely after the alignment. But I did notice before taking it in, that the UCA’s looked a little wonky.

To resolve, they have advised that I need to purchase a set of adjustable Upper Control Arms.

Through this forum I’ve come across the following US site that provides the SPC product at roughly $460 dollars (delivered) as opposed to $800 domestically.

www.headstrongoffroad.com

The questions I have are:
i. Has anyone purchased from this site, or this product?
ii. Does anyone know if the SPC’s they supply also fit RX Spanish versions?
iii. Can anyone confirm if I will also need to purchase the camber bolts as well?

I have asked both my local wheel & tyre rep and the site admin themselves, both of which were keen to help, but couldn’t be definitive, therefore, I thought I would ask this forum out of experience/knowledge.

Any help would be great.

Thanks as always

I also just fitted the efs lift kit recently but had no problems with the wheel alignment. Probably because with all the accesories I have up front I didn't actually gain any lift beyond standard height. Going to install spacers on friday.

The spc arms will fit your RX as im sure the rx was also a thai built in 07.does yours have a roof mount antenna or a guard/window one.or check the vin no. It needs to start with mnt for a thai built..does your actually have lower arm camber adjusters?

Cheers Camo.
Its a spanish built RX, but good to hear a good response. The company themselves have been extremly helpful and good to deal with.

07 rx are spanish,

i got some nolathane camber correction bushes, all up cost about 450 bucks installed, i only needed to install 2 of the 4 that came in the kit, and its not a diy kinda job

just another option thats out there,

the bushes gave me an extra half degree of adjustment

I have a 08 rx spanish with spc ucas they will dial it in for you perfectly.

Attachments

• 2012-10-12 20.30.38.jpg
    2012-10-12 20.30.38.jpg
    205.6 KB · Views: 702
Just had my SPC UCA fitted today boys and the guys had a lots of fun (pain in the $%#@) getting them aligned but they finally got there. My RX now has positive camber and hopefully this stops the terrible wear my KM2's have had to put up with last 2 months. I also have have now about 50mm clearance between arm and bucket which is great as I use too only have about 10mm. Go get em!

Hey guys,
Thanks for the confirmation that these USA's will fit my RX.
Whilst ive been waiting delivery i got a 2nd opinion, as it was the first i had heard that you needed UCA's for a 2inch lift, let alone that they were able to align one side.
2nd opinion quickly confirmed that i had a missing sway bar link, $20 part instead of $600+. The extra 3-4 days of driving around did a bit of tyre damage, but glad its sorted.

I now have $600 UCA's on its way for no immediate need.
Ahh well.

Cheers
Keelan

I don't think a missing sway bar link is going to change your alignment, there are a lot of fellas on here that remove the sway bar altogether.
Someone please correct me if i am wrong though.

I would be asking more questions about the "Wonky" sway bar, is it bent?

Connecting the sway bar should not give you more wheel alignment adjustment either.

Might pay to install those UCA's after all, (or sell them to me cheaply) :rock:

Latest posts

Back