Uhf issues

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shaun_nav

Reaction score
Hi all, i have recently acquired a gme tx3200 from a friend, the unit works although the squelch is rather aniying, has anyone else here got one and can steer me in the right direction of how to adjust it, whether it be with the program and cable or on the unit.
If i need the program and cable what level should i put it on to get good all round performance.
Cheers, Shaun

Shaun all the squelch does is filter out strong and weak transmissions,simply turn clockwise and the weaker signals will dissipate.So when you get the raspy noise keep turning till it goes if you are in a convoy and need no interference from users further away keep turning clockwise,hope you understand.
John

Yeah i get what your saying mate, although the tx3200 doesnt have the squelch knob on it, so im lost

I have a cable and programming software but you are a bit far away for a quick drive sorry. It can be set using the software.

Is it picking up weak signals and making static a lot?

i have the gme tx4600. the squelch button either turns it on full or turns it off. if you have a menu button press and hold it, then you should be able to adjust the squelch using the channel select buttons.

I suggest finding a GME dealer and get them to adjust it for you. Shouldn't be too much. If you were closer I'd help.

Page 4 of the manual says the squelch is preset by the factory so you can't adjust it. Only open it full or close by pressing the squelch button.

Dex

Page 4 of the manual says the squelch is preset by the factory so you can't adjust it. Only open it full or close by pressing the squelch button.

Dex

Can be adjusted if programmed with cable and software.

The TX 3200 have a three level SQL from memory when you re-program.

Seems strange that the squelch is opening annoyingly configured by the manufacturer. There may be some issue with the install or unit itself that is causing in to open.

Dex

Latest posts

Back