UHF Radios

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ok so still tossing up on the UHF. Supercrap has the oricom on special for $135 instead of $229 and this seems to be a good unit

I have still been researching and will possibly hold of and go 1 of the 2 below and throw it in a roof box

Vertex vx220 - Found for about $326 to my door
or
Icom IC400pro - Found for about $371 to my door

looking at both of them im leaning towards the vertex as it seems to be better value for the money and is native 50w (not that i would need that much power)

ok so still tossing up on the UHF. Supercrap has the oricom on special for $135 instead of $229 and this seems to be a good unit I have still been researching and will possibly hold of and go 1 of the 2 below and throw it in a roof box Vertex vx220 - Found for about $326 to my door or Icom IC400pro - Found for about $371 to my door looking at both of them im leaning towards the vertex as it seems to be better value for the money and is native 50w (not that i would need that much power)
The vertex is a great radio. The 50watt is a handy thing to have if in remote areas, could save you one day. Fully user programable with the lead and software of eBay.

Uniden here and no issues with it. Mates say I sound sound nice and clear. When it goes kaput Icom next time. Couple of things to consider- A good, tuff commercial quality antenna. Another is a good separate comms. speaker. Well worth the money and receive is just so much nicer. I made my own using a Scanspeak (fancy Danish brand) mid range hi-fi speaker. It's so easy on the ear.

ICOM 440 remote head unit for me, couldn't find enough real estate on the D40 dash... and i didnt want to cut much. Awesome unit.

I just got myself my first uhf, Oricom UHF300 with ant+ant cable for $200 from supercheap. Listened to some chatter the other day and had good signal and clear enough. Will do for now but I think I will upgrade the antenna when I get more use from it.

Have been using GME for years. Have a TX3540 in the Golf R and the Navara. The golf has a stick on aerial on the windscreen which limits the range for transmitting but recieves well, the navara has a good aerial and works very well. Also have a pair of Uniden hand helds for close work

They go from 3 - 9 db, and it refers to the range achievable - more db, more range. However, a 3 db works better in mountains than a 9db. This is because the 9 broadcasts and recieves in a flat disk while the 3 works as a dome (you following me?). So yours is about in the middle - a good all rounder.

The problem with them drawings it doesn't show where the longer antenna is broadcasting at less db,rule of thumb longer is better,the antenna companies for some reason push the shorter ariels with bullshit numbers 9db out a 700mm antenna?????If you want 9 db your looking over 2 meters.Hugh

Latest posts

Back