unknown bit in the d22 any ideas??

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's a solenoid.

Generally the thin wires to it will go to a switch, the thicker wires (larger terminals) will go to the load it was operating.

these can have a number of different uses - winch power supplies, camper trailer power supplies etc . . . not just for a dual battery hook-up.

I have one fitted to my D22 that is used as an isolator to my Fog Lights and Camper's connection.

It is connected via a Ignition Power Source so that it comes active when my engine is running and provides power to my Fog Lights and power to my camper's electrical system while I am driving, but disconnects power to these when I am stopped and my engine is switched off . . . so not to run down my battery and give me a flat battery when stopped for any period of time.

To find out what this solenoid is for . . . just follow where the Larger Cables run too.

The larger cables coming off the side of the Solenoid Terminals:
- should run to a power source, most times from your cars Battery '+' Terminal.
- the other Larger cable will run to what needs powering . . . ie; a dual battery etc.

The smaller cables:
- One being a Earth
- the other a Power Supply to act as a switch for the solenoid.

Last edited:
It "could" possibly be part of a brake controller that would explain why it ends up under the dash but never seen that setup,or it could of had a manual switch to power the solenoid and isolate batteries from the drivers seat???.

Latest posts

Back