unknown issue

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brodska

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

i have a 09 D40 RX Spain built model, the other day i put the key in the ignition and the speedo and tacho needles drop below the 0 mark and start shaking, i start her up it runs fine but needles still below and shaking (at first i though it might have been cold haha) but on a serious note after that i turn it off and remove keys place back in but this time all good but now my clock and trip klm have reset this has happened about 8 times now in the last week (now more increasingly) i wanted to make sure it was going to reoccur before i posted this. i probably start and stop about 6-8 times a day have not noticed anything else abnormal just a pain to reset the clock every time it happens

what i was wondering was, has anyone else experienced this? what was the issue? before i go into the wonderful dealership and have a rant :banghead:

^ I'd assume that too, since the instrument cluster shares an earth with the stereo it's prone to problems when people do things with the stereo too. To be sure: turn on the parker lights when the instruments are doing this, does the instrument cluster light up? If so, it could still be an earth issue, but may be the BCM or ECU. It might also just be corrosion on the instrument cluster fuse - this is on the right hand side of the fuses beside the glove box, just below the fuse remover. Pull it, clean it, reinsert it (repeat 2 more times to clean the fuse socket).

The BCM is inside the cabin near the centre console on the driver's side. Unplug it, replug it. Test the car.

Repeat this for the ECU, located on the side wall of the engine bay (check my garage for a pic that points to it).

A poor condition battery may also do this, but the above are cheap and should be done first.

thanks guys i will be sure to try those options out, have an ultra high performance century battery about 2 months old so that should hopefully be fine. will see how i go with these

thank you

Latest posts

Back