Upper control arms/tyre rub

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

likemike88

Reaction score
I have a 2008 spanish built stx with 2" lift and BFG km2s in 285/75/16s and I'm experiencing chassis rub on both sides of the front tires (rear side of the tyres) and a little bit of rub on the mud flaps/guards at the rear also.

I spoke to a few tyre/suspension shops today and the only place that offered a solution was pedders with adjustable upper control arms (at a cost of $1500).

I am looking at putting 15mm strut spacers in the front end to level my car up also.

Im 100% sure I'm not the only one who has had this issue, I'd like to know what peoples solutions are to this.

Have "2" suspension lift, "2" body lift, 15mm strut spacer up front also. I installed the spc ucas to correct camber and caster issues wich is when I also installed the spacer. Have same size tyres with +20 offset sunraysias wich my originals ryms were were +30 offset. Mine sit flush with guards now and don't stick out although I still have the slight chasis rub on almost full lock. Offset of rym would obviously fix problem although would stick to far out past guard. You can do mod to inner guards and mudflap by heating and moulding with heat gun wich is explained on this forum if you do a search. Not sure if this helps in anyway.

I have a similar setup but with 50mm springs and 50mm lift spacers.i also have spc upper arms.mine rubbed a hole thru the inner guards before i got to heating and working them back..im pretty sure you need to remove the madflaps.well i had to on mine...i run a kingcab with the standard stx wheels and i get chassis rub on the front of the chassis rails but i cant hear it..ive never worried about changing anything.the spc upper arms are almost vital if you want around the 2.5'lift..if you want to save a few bucks spc arms are around the $500 mark from the us.

I have a similar setup but with 50mm springs and 50mm lift spacers.i also have spc upper arms.mine rubbed a hole thru the inner guards before i got to heating and working them back..im pretty sure you need to remove the madflaps.well i had to on mine...i run a kingcab with the standard stx wheels and i get chassis rub on the front of the chassis rails but i cant hear it..ive never worried about changing anything.the spc upper arms are almost vital if you want around the 2.5'lift..if you want to save a few bucks spc arms are around the $500 mark from the us.

Can I ask where you purchased them from for that price? I can't find them anywhere for under around 850?

I got the from the USA.it was either from performancelifts.com or 4x4parts .com both around the same price...do some googling as im sure others have reported landing them here for a bit under $500.

Latest posts

Back