Urgent help!

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lem

Reaction score
ok today i installed my UHF on my 05 navara i got the power via the radio i used the red wire as an active and orage wire for neutral did a continuity test for the orange wire to the chassis and got the buzz, UHF worked fine until roughly 7:45ish tonight, i turned my headlights on drove for a bit then turned my UHF on and it took a while to turn on. then my dash lights weren't working, indicator, seatbelt, check engine light were all working but i couldn't see the speedo, further inspection i found that tail lights weren't working and my parkers. i first checked the fuese and they were all fine nothing blown, then i disconnected the UHF and still the same problems! i'm going away next weekend if anyone could help please do cause now i'm stumped!

I'm not sure thus will help but I ran a new feed from starter battery for my uhf so I don't have any other issues. Maybe completely disconnect it and check all wiring and inline fuses and also fuse block. Also check the bulbsthemselves. Hopefully it'd just being funny about a loose terminal or something

replace the fuse with a new one, sounds like a fuse to me.
Cheers

nah fuses are all fine checked them all under the dash and engine bay nothing blown

I'm not sure thus will help but I ran a new feed from starter battery for my uhf so I don't have any other issues. Maybe completely disconnect it and check all wiring and inline fuses and also fuse block. Also check the bulbsthemselves. Hopefully it'd just being funny about a loose terminal or something

yeah i'll have a good look tomorrow with all my wires, it's too dark to work on now i'm just getting more ideas on what to do with this problem

Don't earth your unit to the Orange wire, it is for the dimmer on the original cd/radio and other lights on the vehicle - there is a sticky somewhere on it, try electrical section. you have likely blown a fuse. Just earth to metal in dash.

Sounds like the orange is not a batt(-) and is definitely not a neutral as they don't exist in a system like this, the continuity you were getting was probably through a globe to ground or relay, or something like that. Firstly re wire the UHF to a suitable ground. Then check your fuses both in the cab and under the bonnet. Sometimes the way they label them its not so obvious, so check them one at a time, replace the blown one, then should be ok. Usually best to consult the circuit diagram before attempting things like this.

Don't earth your unit to the Orange wire, it is for the dimmer on the original cd/radio and other lights on the vehicle - there is a sticky somewhere on it, try electrical section. you have likely blown a fuse. Just earth to metal in dash.

thanks for that i'll have a look into it tomorrow after work

Sounds like the orange is not a batt(-) and is definitely not a neutral as they don't exist in a system like this, the continuity you were getting was probably through a globe to ground or relay, or something like that. Firstly re wire the UHF to a suitable ground. Then check your fuses both in the cab and under the bonnet. Sometimes the way they label them its not so obvious, so check them one at a time, replace the blown one, then should be ok. Usually best to consult the circuit diagram before attempting things like this.

yeah i'll get it done tomorrow, i chose the orange cause my multimeter buzzed on the orange one and assumed it was right but yeah thanks for the tips

I is a 10Amp fuse you are looking for. I had this blow on mine. Tape came off where the previous owner installed the radio. Took out dash lights and tail lights(maybe radio but not too sure). Cant remember what its labled but can check for you tomorrow if you cant find the right fuse (migbt look ok but still be rooted)

just fixed it thanks for the info guys, it was a blown fuse under "tail light" replaced that and used a chassis part for the neutral

As a rule anything like that should either go directly to the battery with the earth to the chassis and not battery. If you put it to the battery if you have a loose terminal it can earth out through the radio and to the antenna. Alternatively if you need it to come on with key then write to the back of cig socket. This circuit ids fused for 15a and is meant for accessories

i first checked the fuese and they were all fine nothing blown,

nah fuses are all fine checked them all under the dash and engine bay nothing blown

just fixed it thanks for the info guys, it was a blown fuse under "tail light" replaced that and used a chassis part for the neutral

Nice. Lol. Is Lem short for lemming? :p

Latest posts

Back