Urgent help

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jap55s

Reaction score
Went thru river crossing above bonnet, have snorkel. Navara died, starter motor goes but engine doesn't start.... Any help!! Urgent please ?

I know you said that you have a snorkel, BUT have you checked the airbox for signs of water?? just in case it leaked from somewhere??
How deep did you go and did the ECU get wet??

Are you 100% sure water didnt get in?
Do you have ignition and is there any engine response at all when you try to turn it over.

Yes engine fires but doesn't start..

Was a tiny bit of water on filter (arb snorkel instal fail )
Checked oil, no water in that.
Flushed fuel filter had a little bit of water. Fuel pump when primed gets hard. Opened injectors and diesel came out, no water. It's like there is an ignition source that won't keep the engine pumping...

Turbo is still sucking when I try to start....

Tried clutch starting, engine doesn't want to turn over... Like there is a (switch) of some sort I am unaware of

Sounds like an ignition problem to me, not sure how they work on diesels but seems thre might be water in an electronic part ie. ignition

Sounds like an ignition problem to me, not sure how they work on diesels but seems thre might be water in an electronic part ie. ignition

That's what I'm thinking..... But where? Oh also the glow plug light stays on.... Doesn't turn off. However even when clutch starting it doesn't turn over

Did the nav died after the water crossing or in the middle of it?
Did you get water into the cab?
Are you alone?
How far away form help?

Managed to get a lift home. Water I can yes. Died in water then I started it back up and got going then gave a big push on throttle a cleared out exhaust then ran ok for bout 10 mins then died

Back