USB Outlet

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Billy the Kid

Reaction score
Does anyone know whether you can retro a USB so the you can run an Ipod in a 2011 D40 STX? It has the 3.5mm jack in the console and there is provision for a port so maybe it is only a matter of fitting the port hopefully.

Just look on sites like catch of the day or deals direct and pick up a 12V aux and usb socket for $3 and then retro fit it yourself.

Mines a Rimto 3 Aux + USB that plugs into the Aux port of the car, I just dismantled the casing, kept the two of the aux ports and the USB socket and circuit board and remounted them on a piece of 3 ply cut into the shape of one of the drink holders then ran the power into the sparky of my aux battery circuit. Less than $5 of bits and maybe 30mins work.

Oh ok well for that I would say it's a pointless exercise. I don't know the exact head unit the 2011 came with but I know the 09 while aux enabled would serve no purpose retro fitting a USB to because the internals aren't there to control external devices and if you can't control external devices your only going to get sound throughput and if handy enough with a soldering iron a 5v charging circuit from any retro fitted port and both of those can be done with less effort than remodeling a $20 head unit.

Does anyone know whether you can retro a USB so the you can run an Ipod in a 2011 D40 STX? It has the 3.5mm jack in the console and there is provision for a port so maybe it is only a matter of fitting the port hopefully.

I bought a VMS 7500 touring in dash sat nav, it had both usb and ipod intergration, I didn't bother with the factory head unit.

Hey Pacemaker. Where did you mount this? Does it connect into the cars wiring like a head unit?

Latest posts

Back