Using a Hi Lift jack with the D22

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

toadnode

Reaction score
I know, "super" & "cheap" can't really be in the same sentence!

...but I happened to notice they had 25% off 4x4 and camping on Saturday. Their $150 High lift jack was reduced to $97 but it was the last one and without box so they rounded it down to $90, sold.

At the time, what I was thinking about was how useless my factory jack is after fitting 31's and 2" lift. But after doing some reading it seems they're probably not really suited for wheel changing purposes...

What I hadn't considered was that I'd need to do some mod's to make use of it. So the question is what's the best way, without spending a fortune, to be able to utilise one of these on the nav. I'm guessing slide bars but it's not really something I was in the market for, or new front/rear bars either for that matter. I do know a boiler maker who might be able to weld something up for me...or is that a bad idea??

For wheel changing, are they really that much worse than a factory jack with a block of wood under it?? Or will common sense prevail??

Damn impulsive purchasing!

The high lift can be the most valuable tool you have but the most dangerous they can and have killed people and should NEVER be used for tyre changes.

The idea is to jack your rig and place rubble under your wheels to regain traction on flat ground that works well but most when we bog by ourself it's on a hill the jack will lift the car and then topple.

It is a great thing when used with care a winch cannot always save you 20yrs ago i bogged bad alone i lifted myself then winched backwards with the jack after stuck for 7hrs look on ebay for the hooks and jig that you attach to your wheel they can lift you out of the poo .
John

Thanks John, all noted. I've always carried a small turfer but I have witnessed one occasion where the high lift would definitely have been handy. I'll check out eBay for the hooks and jigs....as far as a wheel jack is concerned, maybe I'll get myself a bottle jack to replace it...

Cheers, Toad.

Sliders are your best bet. I use the high lift on them to change wheels, you just need to slide a stand underneath which you should do anyway..
I use the sliders cause it chips the paint off the front bar, lol
Oh and they are cheaper..

Latest posts

Back