Ute Matting; what is useful?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

terryc

Reaction score
Does not seem to be thread on it, hence this post.

What have people found to be good ute matting?
Also, stuff you ave had problems with.

Basically, considering buying some matting for the tub and not sure to go with something holey like Clark Rubber ute matting or some of the solid, ribbed stuff.

Regular load will probably be something like a worksite/checkerplate box, but occassionally I need to pick up stuff like compressors, etc.

Edit; also do people glue matting to the sides/head?

T.I.A.

Hiya TerryC

i didnt go the ute matt way - i put a canopy on the tub and did a custom draw setup.

hopefully someone will have something to say to help.

G'day mate, I also have a 2wd work ute and have got a piece of the heavy duty clark rubber ute mat in there. It was approximately $100 a metre so not cheap but it is excellent. I put our new stainless steel benches face down on it and they don't scratch or slide. It also doesn't hold water because of the way it is moulded.

There is a mob in QLD who sell pre-cut ute liners for both the D22 and the D40. They aren't as thick as conveyor belt rubber like we used to use but they do a good job. Mine fits well and nothing slides around the back under normal conditions (normal for me is driving around the farm or dirt roads), and it's easy to remove if I ever want to wash the tub. I can't remember the name (and looking at it the liner would mean going out to the garage) but it was a mob off ebay in Brissie and it cost me about $120 including postage.

I used Marine carpet on mine it is cost effective you just have to cut it out to fit the shape of the tub It cost me approx $120. I have used rubber mats made by 4wd companies before and the marine carpert is much better. Just go to the local marine shop or try look for a place that sells automotive materials like rubber and so on.

I use the Clark Rubber ute mat, works great. The large perforations in it are a bonus, they allow the crud to wash away.

Latest posts

Back