V9X Battery Life

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ekka

Reaction score
Battery in Navara was dead flat this morning, had not been started for 7 days. Was able to unlock yesterday but not today. It is March 2011 model and battery was replaced January 14, so this one is only 2 1/2 years old.
What is the usual lifespan of these batteries?
This one probably has heavier use as there is a dcdc charger attached to the extra battery for Engel fridge in tub which is attached full time. As we are almost full time on the road it also supplies another dcdc charger for van battery, runs van fridge while travelling plus electric brakes and rear view camera on van. Certainly would be keeping alternator busy. I always drive with lights on as was advised this would make alternator supply higher voltage. Have been brave enough to cut the alternator wire.
Would I be best to buy new battery?
Liked old tony's idea to fit small solar panel to roof, unfortunately it has been raining, no it's pouring here in Mission Beach for the last week. Will be a project when we get home.

Battery in Navara was dead flat this morning, had not been started for 7 days.

This might be your problem mate. Not 100% so please don't quote me. With all the immobilizer, alarms (NATS? nissan anti theft system? Something like that) and if you have rust proofing, while the car is off the battery is still under a small amount of load. In 2 1/2 years i would imagine the battery has lost some of its original state but it should go for a while longer. It is advised to have the battery slowly trickle charged every once in awhile and maybe thats what it will take. Being the 550, guessing its auto, you couldnt roll start it but if its able to be started, itll need a decent run to get some charge back

Thanks Manning,
Have had it on charger all day, floated on 14.3v. Now sitting on 12.8v and starting ok. Will see what happens tomorrow but seems ok.
Heading out west in 2 weeks and will be free camping so a flat battery will be a disaster.

+1 for Manning's advice. They're thirsty for electrical power, should be started every 3-4 days or employ a low-wattage (10-12W) solar panel to keep the battery "floated".

Latest posts

Back