veering to the left

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Alan, I think that guy has an awesome reputation on the Northside, a few tyre shops send the 4wd's to him yeah?

Yep I know of him. Have only heard good things too.

I work in the complex behind Glenfords at Brendale mate, will have to catch up one day.

Had cooper stt's fitted to my nav and before they got fitted the steering seemed fine but when the coopers got fitted it pulled hard left,brought it back next day and they had to put massive castor on the alignmemt to bring the steering back to centre,they played with it the whole day and it's been good since.Maybe they need to look at the castor settings.

Hey guys any updates on the pulling issue? barge?
Mine has also been doing it since new, just piucked it up for the 3rd time today from the dealer and i asked him "is it fixed this time?" 'yep, sure is' he said "i drove it myself" he ssaid they adjusted the 'ride height' as it was out...? i was a little convinced it was fixed until in the next breath he said 'these cars will always pull a bit to the left you know!' hmmmmmm...
so as you can imagine as soon as i pulled out of the drive and got past 20 km/h it was pulling worse then ever!....
So not only at high speeds but even while going slow it wants to go to the left, pretty bad...

I have to get new tyres this coming week so Ill get a print out of my wheel allignment.

There is only one guy who can get my Navara to steer straight.

Dave.

I have to get new tyres this coming week so Ill get a print out of my wheel allignment.

There is only one guy who can get my Navara to steer straight.

Dave.

Hey Dave
Did you get your new boots on?

Mine feels a little like it wants to wander to the left, but the road usually has a slight sloping to the left. when i'm on a section of road with a slight rightward slope it wanders right. seems to be based on the road slope, which is purposely created for drainage.

Mine feels a little like it wants to wander to the left, but the road usually has a slight sloping to the left. when i'm on a section of road with a slight rightward slope it wanders right. seems to be based on the road slope, which is purposely created for drainage.

nah its a lot worse than just the damper on the road mate..
If i am driving on the freeway, say in the middle lane, and let go of the steering wheel, i would have about 3 seconds before i was across the left lane and into a tree!

I am in Sydney and the 2008 D22 I just bought steers like it has drunk to much rum . Can any of you guys steer me to someone in sydneys north at all ?

Set total toe - 2.0mm
Left camber - -1.1 degree
Right camber - +0.6 degree
Left castor - +1.5 degree
Right castor - +1.1 degree

These work on my Nav.

Hope these help others.

Dave.

My dealer did my wheel alignment for free with the 10K service, even with aftermarket suspension fitted.
2 thumbs up for Berwick Nissan!

Hey 08KINGCAB
I too get serviced at berwick Nissan and find them very good.
I had the whole right front hub replaced without question whilst
getting the 10k service on my 2010 D22, even after driving in with
a lift and muddies. Very happy with them

thanks Dave

This was my 5th alignment from Nissan, which is best so far but still pulling..
Doesnt seem a lot different but i suppose only a small amount would change it considerably..

Attachments

• d22 alignment0002.pdf
    231.1 KB · Views: 58
this is my 4th alignment, steers ok but wears the front left outside edge. this guy was suppose to have done nothing but wheel alignments for 30 years, he looked ready for retirement too! thank god for rattle guns i think or he might of had a heart attack. your settings dave a quite different to mine. for reference my measurement from bottom of hub to guard is 750mm which he said is pretty much maxed out adjustment.

Last edited:
nissan manual extract

heres the spec extracted from the d22 workshop manual

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back