Vehicle Regulations

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you go up in tire size your speedo goes out, but its slower not faster.... 2"diff from stock sets it out 5km/h so when your doing 100km/h your actually doing 95km/h??. Every tire speed converter shows values saying speedo shows higher than what you are actually travelling

Last edited:
If you go up in tire size your speedo goes out, but its slower not faster.... 2"diff from stock sets it out 5km/h so when your doing 100km/h your actually doing 95km/h??. Every tire speed converter shows values saying speedo shows higher than what you are actually travelling
its the other way round...
the speedo shows 95 but your travelling at a 100....
thats why when my speedo shows 100 im going past everyone,cos im doing 105..

stock speedo shows 100, but doing 95

if you go 2" bigger it should then be 100 and 100
which bit dont u understand??????
stock speedo showing 100 but your DOING 105....
HOW MANY TIMES do you have to be explained....it must be the WA heat,kills your brain cells.....get in some shade quickly while u have some left...

no?

regulations say the speedo can be 10% out, as in it can show a faster speed then you're actually doing.

if you buy a car and it shows you're doing 70 but really doing 65 thats fine.

if you buy a car and it shows you're doing 70 but really doing 75 then thats a car which is out of spec and you can request the dealer to fix it free of charge.

ASSUMING THIS IS WITH STOCK TYRES!!!

thats the fact.

they are not stock tyres,read back...they are 32S...thats why the speedo is out.......
fairdinkum...did u go to school? or more to the point,when did u get thrown out?????

shit mate, no need to be an immature little prick.

do you see me throwing insults and shit at you? no

your car with 32's seems to do 105km/h real when doing 100km/h on the speedo

thats just strange when most navaras are doing 95km/h real time when it says 100km/h on the speedo.

i think its weird that going up 2 inches causes the speedo to be out by 10km/h instead of correcting itself to 100km/h real speed and 100km/h on the dash

if your speedo is reading less than actual speed its actually illegal. Its up to you to get it fixed. According to the ADR's its legal for it to read higher than actual but not lower than actual.
All that aside 4" increase in tyre is illegal anyway according to the NCP

4" was illegal and it had a noticeable effect on my gearing as well as making on road driving a bit of a pain.

sold my 35's and will be running 235/85R16's from now on :)

shit mate, no need to be an immature little prick.

do you see me throwing insults and shit at you? no

your car with 32's seems to do 105km/h real when doing 100km/h on the speedo

thats just strange when most navaras are doing 95km/h real time when it says 100km/h on the speedo.

i think its weird that going up 2 inches causes the speedo to be out by 10km/h instead of correcting itself to 100km/h real speed and 100km/h on the dash
do u actually read what i write?
where did i say its 10km out?
all along i said its 5kms out...i give up with you..its pointless
read another thread on here that was called"whats your speedo showing" and you will find others that agree with me.....

if your speedo is reading less than actual speed its actually illegal. Its up to you to get it fixed. According to the ADR's its legal for it to read higher than actual but not lower than actual.
All that aside 4" increase in tyre is illegal anyway according to the NCP

i dont have 4 inch increase in tyre size..its only 2 inch plus 2 inch suspension lift....

you dont understand...

for everyone else the speedo reads OVER what they're actually doing

yours is reading UNDER compared to everyone else

read it carefully...

a person with a stock car has it read 100kmh and its actually doing 95kmh

yours is reading 100kmh and its actually doing 105kmh

thats 10km/h DIFFERENCE

get it now???

mine isnt the only one reading LOWER....
as i said,others here have confirmed that they are also reading lower speed than actually what they are doing.after fitting 75 s tyres.....

and i said that i find it weird that it goes 10km/h out by fitting tyres only 2" bigger

alright? i would EXPECT 2" to make it so that 100 speedo is 100 real instead of stock 100 speedo being 95 real, but clearly thats not the case unlike other cars.

alright?

Everyone i know who have upgraded tire size, all their speedo's read higher than actual speed, so dont know how it could read lower....

We could argue semantics about it, or just go through the mathematics of this (larger tyre = less rotations over the same distance = lower indication of speed and distance compared to smaller tyres).

Or, we could just whack a GPS on the windscreen and use that, accept that the dash isn't reading accurately, the GPS will almost always be about 1% out tops and then we don't have to argue over the issue when in reality we're all saying the same thing in different ways.

The speedo needle is supposed to only be a "fairly close guide" anyway. If you want accuracy, use the GPS.

Latest posts

Back