Vibrating Micky T P3"s

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mgmd40

Reaction score
I got some Micky t p3"s fitted in November, noticed the car vibrating on the freeway, like an out of balance tire, long story short the 2 back tires got replaced due to a manufacturing default, the problem seemed to have gone away now I've noticed it again, sometimes the steering wheel shakes a bit but only from the cars vibration. A lot less noticeable when there's weight on the back tires.
Any ideas why it could be doing this? The rims arnt buckled or anythin and the tires balance perfect. I'm not sure if it could be a shit batch of tires from the factory

I got some Micky t p3"s fitted in November, noticed the car vibrating on the freeway, like an out of balance tire, long story short the 2 back tires got replaced due to a manufacturing default, the problem seemed to have gone away now I've noticed it again, sometimes the steering wheel shakes a bit but only from the cars vibration. A lot less noticeable when there's weight on the back tires.

Any ideas why it could be doing this? The rims arnt buckled or anythin and the tires balance perfect. I'm not sure if it could be a shit batch of tires from the factory

Not to experienced in this field but I'll give my opinion that may help or may not. Got M/T fitted myself today and got told to except it to be a bit shaky and not ride like the originals so possibly could be that your not used the change in tyre. Haven't taken mine on freeway as yet although at even lower speeds do notice the slightest of Shake but extremely miner that it's barely noticeable.

they will get worse because there sh1t, I ran mtz's and hated them, 3 tyre's had about a kilo of weight on them and still wouldn't balance right and after about a year the rubber went as hard as a rock, good luck i hope your tyre's are better than the sh!t i had on my nav

Are they fitted to the stock rims?
The stocks are hub centric, locating the rim perfectly centre.
Some after markets are not, and therefore not easy to fit the centre which will cause shake.

If its any help my mate had a similar problem with some coopers, turns out the bushes in the bottom of his struts had started wearing causing an occasional wobble to arise.

Worth a look?

they will get worse because there sh1t, I ran mtz's and hated them, 3 tyre's had about a kilo of weight on them and still wouldn't balance right and after about a year the rubber went as hard as a rock, good luck i hope your tyre's are better than the sh!t i had on my nav

I cant really say what my MTZ's were like as i bought them second hand and never fitted them, I wouldnt say all Mickeys are shit.

I had the 4ribs i ran them for the entire time i owned my Black 2010 ST i did 95,000km on them and they were faultless, my brother in-law bought the car and left them on until they were totally and utterly FLOGGED at 120,000km so IMO they were a terrific tyre.

I now have the new P3's fitted to the Ranga and they seem to be an awesome tyre, the last week has been nothing but rain and they are great on the road and in the wet, BUT when i first picked up my car it had the wrong offset wheels on it and at 90kph i did have a slight shake in the steering which is now GONE with the new rims on, so im not sure if it was a crappy balance job or one of the CSA rims was a bit hard to balance properly.
I have heard allot of people having issues with some steel wheels

Last edited:
I had the same feelings through the steering wheel when I got my P3's put on. I spoke to the 4WD Centre and he said that the tyre is designed to be quiet and smooth on the road at certain speeds, speeds which are most common when travelling, I've notice that at 110km, 60km and almost dead on 80km you wouldn't even know I wasn't running a stock tyre.

However at speeds like 30km, 70km or over 110km they make a fair amount of noise and I get a bit of vibration through the steering wheel.

I had the same feelings through the steering wheel when I got my P3's put on. I spoke to the 4WD Centre and he said that the tyre is designed to be quiet and smooth on the road at certain speeds, speeds which are most common when travelling, I've notice that at 110km, 60km and almost dead on 80km you wouldn't even know I wasn't running a stock tyre.

However at speeds like 30km, 70km or over 110km they make a fair amount of noise and I get a bit of vibration through the steering wheel.

If you are getting vibration at different speeds it means the tyre is 100% not balanced correctly, some times the dude sticking the little lead weights gets it not quite right but says to him self "ahh she'll be right", or they tyre or the rims will be super hard to balance and it happens to both rims and tyres some times they can just never get them spot on.

As i said earlier my P3's with the first rims had a slight wobble at 90kph BUT after getting them mounted on another set of rims and obviously rebalanced they are spot on at any speed from zero to 140kph.

I would also question how a tyre manufacture can make a tyre to sound different at different speeds??? to me they are either noisy or not and from my experience with different tyres the noise level changes with wear and and miles, i have noticed that on different surfaces they make more or less noise, the smoother the surface the more noise.
BUT for a tyre to be quite at 60kph and at 80kph but noisy at 70kph just seems really odd and personally with my P3's i have not noticed that what so ever, i do agree they are super quiet but i have only done 2100km's on them so far and im sure as they get older they will get a bit noisier.

Thanks for all the replys, they are fitted to standard rims, it's wierd that it only comes from the back, It's only at 95+ that it happens, was quiet annoying driving from melb to Gold Coast with them. I've tried different pressures ect but no luck, mabey il look further into the rear suspension, I've got sax equalizer spring in the back but have had for a year before the tires and never noticed it

Latest posts

Back