vibration in 2h with hubs locked

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scooba_285

Reaction score
noticed the other day when i get to about 60-70 kph in 2h with hubs locked i get a very noticeable vibration, im thinking its a uni joint but not really sure, doesn't happen with the hubs unlocked, thoughts?
cheers

Could be. When was the diff oil changed last? Might be worth starting with that if you're not sure when it was last done...

What happens if you unlock the hubs, engage 4HI and drive the car at 60-70kph? If it's the same, it's obviously in the drive train, possibly the diff but it's also possible that it's the prop shaft. Find some sweeping bends (both left and right) that you can take at 65km/h. Does the noise go away on left or right bends? If so, it's more likely to be the prop shaft. If it stays, it's more likely the diff. An oil change would be a good start, and examine the oil before disposal, looking for metal fragments.

had a similar noise in mine a while back just noticed i hadnt tightened the locking nut back up enough when i had my hub apart to get my cv out

so i finally started to find the problem, pulled the front drive shaft (transfer to diff) out and it doesnt do it, uni's were flogged out so replaced both and put it back in, still has the vibration though, so im guessing the drive shaft is bent???

I had the same problem after I had my lokka installed, simple fix, the mechanic only finger tightened the front prop shaft bolts. I had to file a complaint against the mechanic as the prop shaft eventually fell off when I was on Fraser Island a couple of weeks back.

BTW that mechanic was me haha

Latest posts

Back