*VNOG* border track trip

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The track the chicken takes or the "I can do that on my pushbike" track is what we used to refer to as chicken tracks. There is also the "We can do that and only break a few bits" and the "Holy Crap those balls of steel will never rust on you"

Chicken tactics: for the bloke who uses 4WD to get his D40 out of Scotty's driveway.

(Note I do say that having never seen said driveway or the tactic in question and purely as a shit stir since Woody isn't online.)

True except that barring a couple of steep dunes the border track is not difficult. That mallee scrub is hard on your paint work though!

Chicken tactics: for the bloke who uses 4WD to get his D40 out of Scotty's driveway.

(Note I do say that having never seen said driveway or the tactic in question and purely as a shit stir since Woody isn't online.)

BUT I WILL GET TO READ IT EVENTUALLY .... You'll keep ... !!!

OOPS!!!

Ill make it up to you Woody, one day soon I will get around to sharing my GPS info with you and you'll forget all about the harsh words I spoke (typed) yesterday, we might even look into the temp gauge thingy one day too.

Heath

after talking with you and the other blokes about it today at the VNOG gathering ... i'll keep working on the MRS, but i think its a real possibility that i'll be joining the troup for this trip ...

even KraftyPG could do this trip without getting his tame D40 dirty ... if we drive slow enough for him to keep up that is.

I kept up with you and you're black smoke the other day speedy :ha: Mind you next time I leave your place I will try to stay awake until I get back to the freeway instead of nodding off at the roundabout like the other day.

Thanks guys, bwaaark, bwarck, will definitely follow chicken tracks. I'm so over going the tough route these days

That's why I like australian highways, the right mix of the rough stuff with little fear of getting stuck :sarcastic:

Come on Krafty, time to over come your fear and come on the border track trip, sounds like will be fairly mild, I'll be the biggest wuss there so just follow me!

You said you feared getting stuck, or didn't fear not getting stuck on highways! You've got 6 months to think about it, I'll work on you between now and then! You can even use my phone while away to keep an eye on the forum!

Nah my comment was in reference to the roughness of the highways and the fact that most bush tracks are nearly as rough, not actual fear. As for the 6 months of working on me, good luck, my holidays are planned for September so convincing me to take more time off during the busy season is unlikely.

Allowing a week to cover the border track may be a little too much time? If you VNOGers want to try your hand at some fun driving in sand dunes I can recommend a day playing amongst some extensive dunes at Peake.

Thanks Gus. Appreciate the link, I'll post up a detailed trip plan closer to the time and your feedback would be great. At the moment I'm thinking 1 day each way, 1-2 days in/through Wyperfield and 4 days through the border track. Which I'd agree is pretty generous time wise.

I think i have finally managed to convince my boss lady that WE ARE GOING ... so: Woody + MRS + JNR is now confirmed for this trip ...

Latest posts

Back