VNOG Drive Thursday.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The start of the track has eroded badly from all the rain, no way a stock ride height Nav is getting up there now. Even the mighty Patrol was struggling for traction.

Just came across this.....oops that sounds wrong. Thought it was appropriate

Obstacles.jpg

Hey VNoggers,

Just got back after camping overnight and taking the scenic route home via Marysville, Cambarville and down to Nojee. Bloody nice country.

Kingcab, Heata & Dion - Great days driving and good to talk the talk.

Bloody dust was amazing -it is everywhere (guess I should keep the windows up!)

Heata - things got worse after you left - some rough tracks and removal of a tree by the Patrols winch. Drove a long one rough track that clearly hadn't seen a tyre since the gates closed - and the countryside was completely devistated by the fires - so bad the gums had not regenerated.

And yes folks - I can lay claim to being the first to recover the mighty Patrol!
Kingcab took on the bog and got stuck - and so did Dion.

The lounge chair sure does look good and rides along very well - from the view from the rear end.

Pics and vid up soon.

Last edited:
Trip report,

We meet up around 9:30am at Narbethong, I told the guy’s to meet at the Pub, ooops there’s no pub in Narbethong!............ It was a superb day, clear blue skies and no wind. After some chin wagging we took off for the Rubicon power station, where we aired down to tackle the first track of the day. Parks Rd. Aido, Ian and myself took this track earlier this year, but didn’t manage to conquer it, I was determined the Patrol would!.... Well the first 50m of the track sure had changed over winter, there was a very deep rut eroded by all the rain, it needed either straddling or heaps of ground clearance and wheel travel if you were unlucky to drop into it. After some deliberation it was decided we would back down and leave it for some Nuff Nuffs that had turned up in a stockish Pajero and Triton to tackle, rather than just one or 2 of us making it up.
When then headed off up Herb Trk, it was an easy cruise with some good campsite opportunities (maybe next trip) at the top we checked out a lookout that had great views of a very full Lake Eildon. From there we traveled South along the Royston Range Trk, It wasn’t a bad Trk, but then we came across a new growth planting of trees that had encroached over the road, Heath decided his fancy black paint was still too shiny to risk getting overly scratched so Ridge and himself back tracked to find another way to get back onto the main road. Dion and I continued on to what turned out to be a great bit of road with some steep rocky climbs. We then turned off onto Hobin Gap Rd and were immediately faced with several fallen trees. Out came the chainsaw and with some winching we cleared the track only to have to do the exact same only a few 100meters further down. We were finally defeated by a landslip completely blocking the road. We were then forced to reverse back up the track and continue on the Royston Range Trk, before coming to a Tuff truck obstacle just before the main Rd. I rolled over it easily in the Patrol, just before Dion took his turn Heath and Ridge meet up with us. With some strategic log placement and the pressure of being filmed Dion made it over the obstacle without too much fuss.
We then stopped for a late lunch next to a nice little creek and sat down under the trees for a bit of chat, then headed off up a few more easy roads that had being freshly dozed, then Heath took off home. The rest of us then drove up to Keppel Hut, on the way I manage to get bogged, although it was on purpose just to get the Patrol muddy!. Ridge was very excited to use his Nav to snatch out a Patrol and I’m sure he’ll post the up the pics. He then crossed the bog taking the easy line!, Dion got bogged too.
Keppel hut was occupied and they weren’t interested in letting Dion or Ridge in for a look, we think they must have being knobbing each other.(not sure if it was M on F or M on M) We then took Boundry Trk, it appeared to be the quicker route back to a main road, but instead turned out to be a bit of a goat track, heavily overgrown, trees down and a few bog holes. We were all fairly glad when the track opened up onto a logging site, the warning on the map of “Deep holes” mast have been filled in, much to our relief as it was getting onto 6pm.
When then followed a main road back down the range into the Valley, where we re-inflated the tyres and said our farewells.
Another top day out, thanks guys!

Jase.

Latest posts

Back