VNOG high country snow trip - Queen's Birthday long weekend

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

docp1980

Reaction score
Well I know it's a while away at the moment, but I figured there would be a few keen, so I thought i'd put this trip up now. The Queen's Birthday long weekend is pretty much the last chance to hit the tracks up in the high country before they are closed for the winter. There is a fair chance there will be some snow around by this time too, so it'll be awesome to see the high country covered in white. I reckon we should start from Mansfield, check out Craig's Hut and then start making our way over towards Bright via the Lake Cobbler area. Anyone keen? We'd prolly need to cap this trip at about 8 vehicles because of space at the camp sites.....

This will be a great trip but i can't commit.I do a trip with a mate and his son that weekend,same area.If they cancel i'll put my hand up if there is a spot left.

This will be a great trip but i can't commit.I do a trip with a mate and his son that weekend,same area.If they cancel i'll put my hand up if there is a spot left.

That's okay......Jase will have the sauce!

Always be a spot in someone's passenger seat I'm sure.

Appertizers
QBW last year.
Telephone box junction near Mt Stirling.
P6100142.jpg

Driving from circuit rd to Craigs hut in my mates prado.He nearly wrote it off a couple of minutes later.
It's a vid,click to play.

I might have to lash out on some snow chains.

Just hire 'em at Mansfield unless you plan on doing a few snow trips this year. I reckon you prolly won't need them though, muddies will be the go. Just try to avoid dropping into any bog holes halfway in on a 45 degree angle.

Back