"VNOG High Plains 12th-14th March" ??

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hope you guys have plenty of fun on the weekend. I'll be thinking of you whilst we're up around mansfield huts with the SPIT roast cooking every night.

MEET UP LOCATION CHOSEN.

Camp spot No 4 on the Rooftop Jamieson Licola Adventure map - "Currawong".

Take the Tamboritha turn off just before Licola and drive about 10km's on the bitumen.

The camp is on the left and is sign posted. Enter via the track and take the first turn to the right - follow the track to the first large campsite - that's where we will be.

The Licola general store is open until 7.00pm on Friday night for any last minute items, they have camping gear, a great range of high country books and has diesel for the top up of the tanks. It re-opens again at 7.30am Saturday morning.

I will post a VNOG sign at the entrance to the camp and one directing to the correct camp spot. (There are several in the one area.)

MORWELL DETOUR. The M1 is closed at Morwell so traffic is detoured through Morwell to Traralgon. There have been significant delays getting through Morwell.
The ALTERNATIVE route is through Moe, Yallourn North, Tyers, Glengarry, Toongabbie and then to Heyfield.

Remember - Chilli Con Carne for dinner Friday night.

I hope you all have an awsome time this weekend fellas.
Cant wait to read the trip report on tuesday.
Watch those rivers and stay safe.
Ohh, and also have few beera for me whilst your at it.:cheers!:

How many of us are bringing gas lanterns? Or do we have a few navs with work lights on the back?

My route is through Walhalla, Burgoyne and Chromite. If I don't turn up I'm stuck in the middle of the Macalister river.

See you some time tomorrow.

Enjoy the trip everyone, I think my priorities need to change being stuck at work or enjoying the high country. I did not choose wisely.

I'll be rolling into camp on Sat morning now, so i'll join the second group. See you all then!

What a great trip. I know we all said it plenty of times but thanks everyone for a great trip. Lots of laughs, great hills, plenty of river crossings and 1 bog hole to seal the deal with a great bunch of people

Awesome trip all round. Can't wait for the next one! Aido, any chance I can get copies of the pics you took?

Pics coming Matty.

Well done to everyone for making it a memorable weekend.
Off for some zzzzz's now.

What a trip!!! I think my son Kep summed it up, when he greeted my wife with " Mum, guess what? Dad was driving sideways in a big mud bog! and Jase Had to pull us out!"

Thanks to all for a great weekend.

I think my son Kep summed it up, when he greeted my wife with " Mum, guess what? Dad was driving sideways in a big mud bog! and Jase Had to pull us out!"

Just as long as Hugoagogo didn't greet her with "Ridgie is mean - he made me cry". Heata - both your kids are great around the camp and it is a pleasure to see them enjoying this stuff with their dad and a bunch of mates.

Had a great time guys and gal - an absolute ball. Lots of laughter, harmless banter and got to travel through some of the most magnificent country in my Nav with a great bunch of people. It is great that we can still access these areas in our 4X4.

I have posed some pics also: http://s717.photobucket.com/albums/ww173/Bartess/VNOG High Country March 2011/

My trip home along Freestone Creek Road topped off the weekend - a very easy drive -2WD all the way except for a couple of detours to look at campsites and drive the creek!! Plenty of great views and scenery along the creek. Some great campsites and potential drives in that area - so stay tuned!

Last edited:
Great pics and vids guys. Looks like you all had a great time. I am off on my 1st camping/4wding weekend since I got my Navara up to MtCole. Can't wait for a VNOG trip to happen on a weekend when I am not working. LOL.

Latest posts

Back